Signing(s): Justin Herbert signs extension with the Chargers (5 years, $262.5 million)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This is why you always sign guys as soon as you can. After Burrow gets his extension Josh Allen’s once seen as a giant deal will rank TENTH in the league. It doesn’t even technically start until this season. Flash forward two years and Herbert’s will look crazy good by comparison to what happens after too

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
This is why you always sign guys as soon as you can. After Burrow gets his extension Josh Allen’s once seen as a giant deal will rank TENTH in the league. It doesn’t even technically start until this season. Flash forward two years and Herbert’s will look crazy good by comparison to what happens after too
Yep, this is why Dallas waiting so long to sign Dak was so freaking stupid.

Reactions: Troy McClure

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
He reminds me of Matt Stafford.

Everything looks good. Stats. The arm. Then you look at how the team is doing....not great.

Not all on him. But you need results sooner than later.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Going rate for elite, young QBs. It's always going up. Outside of Herbert's deal the Chargers are really all-in on this year and they're probably -what? - the 6th or 7th best team in the AFC?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No MVP's and now the highest paid by AAV, Lamar needs to fire his agent
That additional 1-3% Lamar saved wasn't worth it.
Plus Herbert secured that bag after year 3 vs year 5. Can go and play and not worry about the contract.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You have to sign your guy if he’s willing to sign.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
No MVP's and now the highest paid by AAV, Lamar needs to fire his agent
Every new QB that signs a deal will be the highest paid AAV. Mahomes once was, Allen once was, Lamar once was, dak once was, Wilson once was.

By scoring nothing in the second half?
Say you didn’t watch the game. It’s all that needs to be said

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Every new QB that signs a deal will be the highest paid AAV. Mahomes once was, Allen once was, Lamar once was, dak once was, Wilson once was.

Say you didn’t watch the game. It’s all that needs to be said
Looks like we have us a choke expert here boys.
I forgot it was Herbert who punched that one through the uprights in the 3rd for the only 3 points they managed the entire half. Go back and read the GDT , it was Fing hilarious.If we doing history, trivia: How many more playoff wins does Romo have than Herbert , or me?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I think they got three but at any rate, they had like 30 points and he didn't really make any mistakes in the second half. I remember the game vividly. Actually had a couple of big plays. It wasn't on him at all.
Brady wins those games , Rivers loses those games. Whatever he did do the second half wasn't enough if your the most important player on that team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Chargers offense never had a rhythm or even good in that game regardless of all the points they had. There’s a reason why they changed coordinators.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Chargers offense never had a rhythm or even good in that game regardless of all the points they had. There’s a reason why they changed coordinators.
Lawrence threw 4 picks in the first half. Wasn’t like it was the chargers O moving the ball up and down the field the entire first half.

Reality of the nfl is that QBs get paid.
The RT of Houston just got around $19 mill per season. QB, OT, WR get paid on O. On D it’s the DE, CB and maybe DT who can rush the passer that get paid. IOL, TE, LB, S need to be elite to get paid otherwise team lets them walk. And we know about RBs.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Looks like we have us a choke expert here boys.
I forgot it was Herbert who punched that one through the uprights in the 3rd for the only 3 points they managed the entire half. Go back and read the GDT , it was Fing hilarious.If we doing history, trivia: How many more playoff wins does Romo have than Herbert , or me?
So if you're the Chargers, what are you doing here? Franchise tag? Letting him walk as a free agent?

Reactions: The Note

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The reality is that aside from 4, maybe 5 teams Herbert is an instant upgrade. He's 25 years old. These are the guys that get paid. The Chargers hype as a whole is overblown seemingly every year, but Herbert is right in that next tier of QBs. I think if you want to make an argument that anyone is fraudulent with the Chargers it's probably Staley, even though I liked his 4th down aggressiveness.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad