Recalled/Assigned: Justin Florek Recalled to Boston

• Thread starter Bi Coastal Bawse*
  • Start date

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Dreams do come true! :sarcasm:

I like how we're calling up lots of guys, to see what we have... Never know when someone special will pop up out of nowhere. I like Florek, big guy, had some real good college numbers. Looks like he'll fit in well here, have been wanting to see him for a while.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Nice jump. The hockey gods gave him a few glorious opportunities for a goal.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Boom! :laugh:

Florek looked good. Good tools for a fourth liner. Fluffed a couple chances in tight, but I'll put that down to debut jitters. Excited for him, hopefully he gets to ride with the team out west.

pretty cool that chia gives all these young kids a shot at playing in the NHL. give an honest effort in providence and you may get your shot. that goes a long way with young players, could possibly give them a leg up on signing a college free agent.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
pretty cool that chia gives all these young kids a shot at playing in the NHL. give an honest effort in providence and you may get your shot. that goes a long way with young players, could possibly give them a leg up on signing a college free agent.

To be fair, everyone he brought up except for Svedberg was a necessity because of player injury/suspensions

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
To be fair, everyone he brought up except for Svedberg was a necessity because of player injury/suspensions

oh, i know - just saying that in the past, you'd see trent whitfield 900 times to cover for injuries. now they are rotating through a whole bunch of different guys. probably multiple reasons for that (waivers with miller, etc), but good to see them all get a shot. never know if you'll ever get one as a young guy.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Every recalled player this season has shown how useless Caron is.

This is a bit harsh, but I have to say, JC hasn't shown much of anything, and he's had plenty of opportunities. He hasn't been a glaring liability but no flashes either. Invisible. Time to cut bait.

Give Florek a look & package Caron & some bits for something else.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Hopefully Caron is gone as soon as Loui and Kelly are back. For all that he sucks at, he's good on the PK.

Florek did everything except score. I was very impressed with his game, terrific 4th line guy. I would have liked to see him stay a while, but he was an emergency call up, so this was expected. Waivers or trade, just get the option out of there for Caron. He's a nothing player and it's time to move on. He's played more than 110 NHL games here, he's gotten more than enough chances.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

It's a great bargaining point with a young free agent.

Also goes a long way to blasting apart the old discussion about how Claude won't play the young guys.

I was very impressed with Florek. Really wouldn't mind seeing him back up soon.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Florek did things Caron never does-and I think he definitely has future bottom six potential.

His screen on Krug's goal is likely why that shot went in-he didn't get points but Julien did give him credit for the screen in post game comments.

He will probably get some other opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad