Value of: Justin Faulk

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
3 yrs at $6.5 M…you will need to take salary back so that hurts snd young player return.

It’s a not a cap dump contract+prospect+2nd/3rd

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Pretty sure there was a time back before the deadline, they were really thinking about moving him. So there’s every chance they revisit that this summer.

There’s nothing to say they can’t get a decent package in return. To a team with a deep pool of prospects on the blue line? An Anaheim or a Detroit? In Detroit, he’d play with Edvinsson, which might be a real good fit for him personally. Could Calgary take a run at him?

He’s still a 40-50 point dman, and he’ll likely be just fine for the next 3 years.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
He has to want to leave, no? Unless the Blues are going to Tampa-McDonagh him.
Will likely limit the return a bit if he can pick his location.

Va New

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
He can. It appears Kessel has possibly taken over his top 4 spot. He played with injuries this year, but with Krug having an unmovable contract, unfortunately, or hopefully Faulk will agree to move on so we can free up some cap space.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Offensively gifted right shot defenseman. Even with him getting a little up there in age, there would be interest among contending teams I'm sure. I am pretty sure the Oilers would rather have him than Ceci next year, for example. Of course, the NTC could make things a bit more difficult for the Blues, but I suspect there would be plenty of interest.

I'd say he's worth a 2nd at minimum. Possibly with a prospect on top of that. I can't see a 1st unless there is salary retention or a dead contract going back.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Offensively gifted right shot defenseman. Even with him getting a little up there in age, there would be interest among contending teams I'm sure. I am pretty sure the Oilers would rather have him than Ceci next year, for example. Of course, the NTC could make things a bit more difficult for the Blues, but I suspect there would be plenty of interest.

I'd say he's worth a 2nd at minimum. Possibly with a prospect on top of that. I can't see a 1st unless there is salary retention or a dead contract going back.

I think there's a 0% chance Faulk waives to go to a Canadian team.

He also vetoed a trade originally from Carolina to Anaheim so I think it's safe to say he's into a more 'low key' middle america type destination. Of course, I could be wrong but just going off his previous comments and decisions.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

He also vetoed a trade originally from Carolina to Anaheim so I think it's safe to say he's into a more 'low key' middle america type destination. Of course, I could be wrong but just going off his previous comments and decisions.

Fair comments, and not suprising. There's a reason that the Oilers roster has 20 Canadians (of 24), ha ha. I think as a generalization, most American players are not especially keen on playing in Canada.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Fair comments, and not suprising. There's a reason that the Oilers roster has 20 Canadians (of 24), ha ha. I think as a generalization, most American players are not especially keen on playing in Canada.

For sure, not throwing any shade at Edmonton or the Canadian markets in general... but just on this particular situation it doesn't look like he wants to come north of the border

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
1709678912240.png.jpg

Damn why does he hate Canada so much? Like I understand not wanting to play for a team there with high taxes and what not, but his comment was savage as hell.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
View attachment 858917

Damn why does he hate Canada so much? Like I understand not wanting to play for a team there with high taxes and what not, but his comment was savage as hell.
I think a good deal went back to Canada's general handling of the COVID situation but who knows if there's more than that. There's a lot that sucks about Canada at the moment so I wouldn't fault any pro athlete for not wanting to have over half their paycheque wasted on stupid shit here.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Wings could go after him. 2nd + Wallinder or Berggren + Justin Holl (cap dump) would work? Hes 32 a bit older than id like but could pair well with edvinsson

What would blues fans want for Faulk and Buchnevic?
15OA + what prospect?

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think a good deal went back to Canada's general handling of the COVID situation but who knows if there's more than that. There's a lot that sucks about Canada at the moment so I wouldn't fault any pro athlete for not wanting to have over half their paycheque wasted on stupid shit here.

Me neither, but man nobody is asking you live to there. You just gotta spend a couple days there :laugh:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Wings could go after him. 2nd + Wallinder or Berggren + Justin Holl (cap dump) would work? Hes 32 a bit older than id like but could pair well with edvinsson

15OA + what prospect?
Would have to be a very nice prospect for both. Not sure Army would do it, but fans would consider it.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

15OA + what prospect?
I can't see the Blues trade Both Buch and Faulk in the same trade.

Ledge And Dairy

Full NTC for another year, gonna be pretty hard to move him without his say so. I would guess any package though would be built similar to the Ekholm trade

To be fair that was posted when Canada had that 2nd shutdown from Covid in January a few years ago. He does give off very patriotic vibes though so yeah quite unlikely he would waive to Canada.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

15OA + what prospect?
Ya.... not a Blues fan so I'll defer to them but these seem like pretty weak offers overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad