THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And 2 girls for each one.
tenor.gif

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Ducks GM this weekend:

Ducks GM Bob Murray rips Ondrej Kase trade rumors – Orange County Register
“When things are out there and haven’t happened and some owner decides he’s going to garner some friendship with the media, and he’s going to get close to the media, and he puts things out there, some of these people, I wish they were players at some point in their lives,” Murray said.

“Obviously, they weren’t.”

Murray acknowledged his desire to acquire a right handed-shooting defenseman to his left handed-dominated blue line corps before the season opens Oct. 3. But he wouldn’t say who he might be targeting or who he was willing to part with in order to make the deal happen.

“I’m very old school,” Murray said. “I hate the trade deadline when things get reported before you get a chance to tell your player. I think that’s all wrong that something gets out there before you get to talk to your player. It’s just how I am, and I think there’s some GMs out there that agree with me.”

Blames Dundon for the leaks.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
On the flip side of this...

He is basically saying he had no intentions of letting Kase know his name was being floated on the trade block, so he could just blindside him at some point in the next week or so with news that he was being traded literally to the opposite coast, and he needed to have his bags packed yesterday. Oh, while spending the previous week or so negotiating a contract with the guy he traded for.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Dude, just stop....you're arguing that a player *might* improve his disappointing career numbers *if* he had better linemates, better ice time, etc. Meanwhile, you're saying he's a better player that a guy who has better career numbers (Haula) and a guy who costs more than 3 times less. Lucas Wallmark had 2 less points than Faksa last season while also proving he can be a darn good shut down center (a role he played during Staal's injury).

No team is going to make your mental gymnastics type of leap that Faksa is going to be something he hasn't proven yet to be....and the Hurricanes certainly aren't going to do it with Faulk as a return.

Again. I don't want the Canes to go after Faksa but he is a better player than Haula and Wallmark. Or do you actually think that they would be able to be a plus player and score 30 points playing with Blake Comeau/Tyler Pitlick and 70% defensive zone starts against top competition night after night? You're completely dellusional if you actually believe this.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Again. I don't want the Canes to go after Faksa but he is a better player than Haula and Wallmark. Or do you actually think that they would be able to be a plus player and score 30 points playing with Blake Comeau/Tyler Pitlick and 70% defensive zone starts against top competition night after night? You're completely dellusional if you actually believe this.
There's a valid reason that people block you. Calling somebody delusional because you disagree with their position (when your position isn't even tenable), not only doesn't win you friends, it undermines your bad arguments. There's not a GM in the league that would take Faksa over Haula or Wallmark.

Edit: ....given salaries involved....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad