Recalled/Assigned: Justin Barron/Logan Mailloux/Jayden Struble Sent Down To Join Laval for Playoff Push

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
So Struble, Barron, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Xhekaj and Tuch should all be in the lineup for the Belleville two game series ? Hopefully those games will be meaningful.
If RW is the tie breaker they just need to win the 2 games against Belleville and they are in.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So Struble, Barron, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Xhekaj and Tuch should all be in the lineup for the Belleville two game series ? Hopefully those games will be meaningful.

Whether Belleville wins tomorrow or not, the two weekend games are meaningful as Laval can still pass them via the tiebreaker.

Only way next weekend is meaningless for Laval is if Utica win all their 3 games in 3 days which concludes the day after Laval/Belleville are done.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Thanks guys, I don't know why I thought the next Belleville game was the key one.

It would be nice if Roy could make it back too, Laval would get much needed reinforcements. The defense should at least be very solid and Belleville had no answer for it the last series.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thanks guys, I don't know why I thought the next Belleville game was the key one.

It would be nice if Roy could make it back too, Laval would get much needed reinforcements. The defense should at least be very solid and Belleville had no answer for it the last series.

Here's the breakdown:
Whether Belleville win or lose on Wednesday, Laval can still be in if they win both Belleville game. Any loss in those games and they are out.

If Belleville wins Wednesday, Laval needs to win both games in regulation to tie at 78 points and then go by via the first tie breaker (regulation win).

If Belleville lose Wednesday in OT/SO, Laval need to win both game, but 1 can be in OT/SO so they still tie at 78 points and Laval gets the tiebreaker.

If Belleville lose Wednesday in regulation, Laval just need to make sure they win both game, whether in regulation or OT/SO.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If RW is the tie breaker they just need to win the 2 games against Belleville and they are in.

There's still Utica? They have 3 games left, and can get to 79 pts if they win all 3.

Laval only has 2 games left and can only get to 78 pts. In order to pass Belleville they need 4 pts. It doesn't matter if it's regulation, OT or SO. They have the RW tie breaker.

But, if Utica goes 2-0-1 in their 3 games, they'll also have 78 pts. In that case, if Laval did win both of their games in OT/SO, Utica and Laval will be tied in RWs, but Laval will have the ROW tie breaker.

Utica plays 3 games in 3 days this weekend. Home to Syracuse on Friday. @ Syracuse on Saturday. Then @ Rochester on Sunday, which is an afternoon game following 2 night games.

Reactions: Habs13

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Can Hutson be sent down? What about Slafkovsky? (I'm guessing no because he wasn't on a paper transaction at the trade deadline. Bare with me; I'm exhausted.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad