Recalled/Assigned: Justin Barron assigned to Laval, Mitchell Stephens waived (upd: cleared)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Who expected RHP to be top 6? RHP is a great third line player. A good defensive player and terrific penalty killer who can contribute from time to time on offense. Even when playing with Gallagher and Evans not exactly two offensive studs, his line controls puck possession and cycles.

Our top 6 to start the season was:

Suzuki
Caufield
Slaf
Newhook
Dach
Monahan

Who are you replacing there "to start the season". Monahan wasn't a center to start the season, he was shifted when Dach got injured. RHP is who he is supposed to be.
Slaf was horrific in preseason and was expected by fans to start in Laval, not the top 6. Literally nobody had him pencilled into the top six. Monahan was not even clearly ready to start the year and sat out parts of preseason with nagging injuries.

Rhp finished last year 5th in points per game amongst Habs forwards. What are you even smoking? The only off-season addition was Newhook who was expected to be the sixth guy. Most expected the departure of Drouin and Hoffman to facilitate RHP into the top six.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If Harris didn't have to go through waivers I think he would be sent down. Very average player.

This is what bugs me about MSL and our coaching staff, they throw him out there in crucial times, and there's no repercussion for his awful play. He isn't getting benched, he just gets more ice time no matter what. What message is that sending to other guys who also do the same thing and get benched or sent to laval? just odd

Reactions: Tyson

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I liked Barron offensively. Sometimes he’d be sloppy in pass receptions at the blue line. Defensively he didn’t look solid and would get himself into trouble. He might actually be less accident-prone than Matheson but doesn’t have his offense to compensate either.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Hopefully no one claims Stephens. I’m not a fan of Laval losing Arber. Calling him up does very little for the Habs W/L column, but it definitely affects Laval who can absolutely make the playoffs.

Reactions: Guess

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
This is what bugs me about MSL and our coaching staff, they throw him out there in crucial times, and there's no repercussion for his awful play. He isn't getting benched, he just gets more ice time no matter what. What message is that sending to other guys who also do the same thing and get benched or sent to laval? just odd

Well that's just not true, so no need to be bothered by it after all...

Since he came back he is the least used dman not named Barron or Kovacevic.

Reactions: Habs

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
Barron definitely needs some proofing time in the AHL. But I don't think they should waive him in the near future. He has a high potential if even as an offensive defenseman.

Stephens is just another utility 4th liner centre.

Reactions: Guillermo

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I wouldn't go out of my way to bench trade bait.

• Haha

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Hopefully no one claims Stephens. I’m not a fan of Laval losing Arber. Calling him up does very little for the Habs W/L column, but it definitely affects Laval who can absolutely make the playoffs.
If the talk around the water cooler is correct, he’s fielding offers that are enticing to the club.

How many times are we going to trade a top4 defensman at a young age for injury prone forwards that are not proven?

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
If the talk around the water cooler is correct, he’s fielding offers that are enticing to the club.

How many times are we going to trade a top4 defensman at a young age for injury prone forwards that are not proven?
I don’t see them trading Arber. They lack that element in the system and I think they’re smart enough to recognize that.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Happy to see Xhekaj back! Hopefully Mailloux can continue his hot streak without him. Barron got some work to do, I'm not sure he sees the NHL again this year.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad