Prospect Info: Justin Auger

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has been watching any Manchester Monarchs games?

Justin Auger is a 6'7 230lb first year AHL player who has 8 points in his first 14 games.

How has he been playing on the Monarchs? He seems to be scoring at a better pace than he did in the OHL. What would you say needs work before he takes the next step into the NHL?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Auger has been a surprise so far, his game ATM is nothing like he played in JR hockey.

Actually using his body to create space, holding on to pucks, playing an adequate 200ft game.

Auger has done a complete 180 from JR hockey in just one off-season. It's really strange, usually takes guys at least one full pro season. We shall see if he can maintain his game though. I suspect he will fall off numerous times during this season.

But so far, he has been a pleasant surprise. Especially since Manchester is weak on wingers.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If he maintained this hockey do you see him making the Kings at any point?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
If he maintained this hockey do you see him making the Kings at any point?

Two years at the minimum, Auger's size would be a huge draw for Kings brass.

If Auger has two good/productive years in the AHL. The Kings will give him a shot at an NHL roster spot.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Two years at the minimum, Auger's size would be a huge draw for Kings brass.

If Auger has two good/productive years in the AHL. The Kings will give him a shot at an NHL roster spot.

Yep - you know how the Kings love size. Kinda reminds me of the Brian Boyle story. He actually put up very good numbers at the AHL level and is definitely an impact player at the NHL level, albeit lower numbers.

Great story, especially for a 4th rounder.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
His game has fallen off a little bit, not much though. Auger is still using his size very well to shield the puck.

He looks good most nights. Needs to pick up the goal pace though, would be nice if Auger could net 20 Goals his first pro year.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
I think he's improved. Becoming even more effective using his size and strength. He has 4 goals and 10 assists in 22 games. Which are pretty good numbers for a first year pro. I went to game a couple weeks ago verse Bridgeport, and he made an elite level move in order to score a goal. It sent Mike Futa and the rest the Kings scouting staff in "did you just see that?" texting frenzy. :laugh: You can see the goal here at the 2:57 mark.

Captain Mittens*

I think he's improved. Becoming even more effective using his size and strength. He has 4 goals and 10 assists in 22 games. Which are pretty good numbers for a first year pro. I went to game a couple weeks ago verse Bridgeport, and he made an elite level move in order to score a goal. It sent Mike Futa and the rest the Kings scouting staff in "did you just see that?" texting frenzy. :laugh: You can see the goal here at the 2:57 mark.

It was weird to see Schultz's name spelled right on his jersey

ccea0c40-3c48-11e4-aa15-55537f50346d_20140914_103332.jpg

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
^ That's embarrassing. How does someone allow that to happen? I'd rather him walk out in a Kings t shirt. Poor guy.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It's nice reading good feedback on Auger... Almost like he shouldn't be judged based off of a year in junior hockey when he had mono.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Auger's biggest problem was playing for Scott Walker..

Auger doesnt use his size the way someone would want a traditional big man too. Scott Walker was a feisty, physical player, Auger is not. This proved to be a sticking point and because of that Auger did not receive nearly the ice time or the advantageous positions he should have.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I can't wait to see this guy on the big club in a few years. A 20 year old 6'7 230 lb + winger having a great rookie season in Manchester.

If he could put up 45/50 points in his 2nd AHL season next year he could make a vicious 3rd/4th liner one day.

Justin "the ogre" Auger

Fits for a 7 foot player imo

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad