GDT: Just Win | Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1 - Game 7: Bolts @ Leafs | 7:00 p.m. EST | CBC, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

JUST WIN

john-tavares-10152019-getty-ftr_dn1kancnhs6z1bp023sdaryqd.jpg

1212080117.jpg.0.jpg

1319817811.0.jpg

GettyImages-951234074-e1544068398666.jpg

1391638683.jpg

1232170475.jpeg

bb1d51b394d4d3d6c0e275466ade31fb_w200.gif

giphy.gif

3GyD0Cz.gif

giphy.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

200.gif

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Didn't watch Game 7 last year and I'm not going to watch this one either but I hope they win.

Please watch. How could you rid yourself of the opportunity to witness an epic win against the defending champions and our first time advancing past the first round since 2004 (which was also our last game 7 on home ice). Promise me now, and prove it during game time with a couple comments on what's happening.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
The Leafs must come out ready to play from the moment the puck drops. They’ve spotted Tampa the lead far too many times. Come out strong and keep the crowd in it from the start. The home crowd has been fantastic. Keep that advantage

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Hate to be so negative, but we all have far too much experience with the lows of game 7's (or game 5), and after the way they let us down after game 6, I can only see myself not looking forward to the Doom and Gloom tonight. Don't know what time it'll be, will they show up like they did in game 4 where it was all over in 10 minutes or will they show up like they did in game 1 or will it go right to the end like games 5 and 6.

Will they have another series-deciding, 3rd period no-show (already have 4 straight). Will they choke up a huge 3rd period lead again. Will the game be decided on a phantom call (like in game 6) or an intentionally-missed call on the other side as in many years past including 2013 (and of course Gretzky on Gilmour in 93). Sorry but that's our experience for too long and although I've been a die-hard fan since 78, I forgot how to feel otherwise after game 7.

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I want to be excited but the nervousness has taken over. Hopefully the boys don’t feel the same way
.Bruh the mindset has to be different.

There are only 2 possible outcomes.

1) Win and advance
2) Lose and season ends

Playing nervous hoping things fall into place is playing loser hockey and playing to lose. Might as well play absolutely FEARLESS hockey. If you lose then you lose at least you give yourselves a chance to advance. Playing nervous gives you what? NOTHING!

Just go out there execute and play fearless hockey. Come what may.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
.Bruh the mindset has to be different.

There are only 2 possible outcomes.

1) Win and advance
2) Lose and season ends

Playing nervous hoping things fall into place is playing loser hockey and playing to lose. Might as well play absolutely FEARLESS hockey. If you lose then you lose at least you give yourselves a chance to advance. Playing nervous gives you what? NOTHING!

Just go out there execute and play fearless hockey. Come what may.

I agree, I’m just saying they’re shown nervousness in these kinda games historically

Reactions: Ginger Papa

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Hate to be so negative, but we all have far too much experience with the lows of game 7's (or game 5), and after the way they let us down after game 6, I can only see myself not looking forward to the Doom and Gloom tonight. Don't know what time it'll be, will they show up like they did in game 4 where it was all over in 10 minutes or will they show up like they did in game 1 or will it go right to the end like games 5 and 6.

Will they have another series-deciding, 3rd period no-show (already have 4 straight). Will the game be decided on a phantom call (like in game 6) or a missed call on the other side as in many years past including 2013. Sorry but that's our experience for too long and although I've been a die-hard fan since 78, I forgot how to feel otherwise after game 7.

I have been a die-hard fan since I was ~5 years old. So 26 years, less than you. I am seriously debating not watching tonight, even though in my opinion this has been the best series that we have played in the last 26 years I have been watching.

Like you, the history is too great to ignore. The sad thing is, until the clock hits 0 and the Leafs win, my brain will think "Leafs gonna blow it". And if we do win, the win will barely move me out of the stressed, anxiety, negative expectation headspace lol. So why put my body through this.

Reactions: Vaive50

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I agree, I’m just saying they’re shown nervousness in these kinda games historically

If they play nervous then it just goes on to show they have learned absolutely nothing. There is nothing to be gained playing nervous. Like you said, playing nervous in game 7s have gotten them nothing but a 1st round exits.

Its gotta change. Mindset has gotta change. Just go out and f***ing kill these cheaters who need to cheat either with the cap or have to bendover for the refs so refs can help them.

F all of that. Leafs have gotta go out there and pounce on these bitches from the puck drop. Period!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad