GDT: Just Win Baby! Part 1 vs Toronto

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Gotta love the smug look of the Leafs players, only surpassed by their fans. All I know is that if they play like this regularly, they will be a bubble team at best. Can't rely on playing a sieve every night and abunch of chest snipers and AHL level forwards.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
It's honestly not that much different than NCAA or NFL football. You just have to hire intelligently, rather hiring a retread just because they're part of the good ole boys club and/or have experience which is what so many teams do.

Great. By that logic our last two hires have been "intelligent" hires. Muller was seen as a head coach of the future given his work with Montreal's powerplay. Peters was a coveted Babcock disciple who came into his interview with a detailed presentation on the system he intended to implement. So, again, do you flush a season when we're still hanging around a wild card spot (which I think most agreed was our ceiling this year) in hopes that we catch lightning in the bottle and land the next big thing that may just as well not pan out?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Great. By that logic our last two hires have been "intelligent" hires. Muller was seen as a head coach of the future given his work with Montreal's powerplay. Peters was a coveted Babcock disciple who came into his interview with a detailed presentation on the system he intended to implement. So, again, do you flush a season when we're still hanging around a wild card spot (which I think most agreed was our ceiling this year) in hopes that we catch lightning in the bottle and land the next big thing that may just as well not pan out?
I mean your attitude is a perfect example of why we won't do it. It's just too hard. There's just too much luck involved. There are no *real* candidates. So let's stick with what we know hasn't and probably will not work.

That's actually Ron Francis thought process now that I think about it. Hopefully ol Risk Averse Ronny can do something to turn it around, but don't hold your breath.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine

At this point, does it even matter? This team will hang around .500 for the next three months, then string a bunch of points together, get us all fired up again, only to drop 8 of 10 and miss the playoffs and get a #12 or #13 pick in the draft. It's MONEY.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Somebody is tearing their hair out for working to schedule a pair of home games over a holiday weekend. Probably seemed like such a good idea, people will have family in town, come watch a game, have a good time and maybe come back a few times later this year. These two games are going to kill any interest in going to watch this crap in person

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I mean your attitude is a perfect example of why we won't do it. It's just too hard. There's just too much luck involved. There are no *real* candidates. So let's stick with what we know hasn't and probably will not work.

That's actually Ron Francis thought process now that I think about it. Hopefully ol Risk Averse Ronny can do something to turn it around, but don't hold your breath.

The poster doth protest too much, me thinks. And my attitude is fine, thank you very much. You're dodging. Who do you see as "the intelligent hire" out there if we fire Peters 10 minutes from now to turn this squad around?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad