Just looked at our schedule

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
^Especially right after the Christmas break.

yah. like you had a break, and now poof, break again? (like i don't get it. if the point of the break is to give teams rest, then they should have also expanded the schedule by 5 days to adjust. but what's a point of a week of zero hockey anything - if you're playing a condensed schedule for the rest of the year? it totally makes z.e.r.o sense)

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
This season is all about acclimating the kids to the NHL and developing them as professionals, and seeing how far that can take us.

Having an ideal schedule just doesn't seem like a very important part of that to me, and shouldn't be a major concern. Really, no external factor the Leafs have 0 control over should be reason to stress, at least this year. Let the kids learn and play their games, let them have a tricky schedule, let them play with the pressure of an impending Playoff berth, let them deal with whatever gets thrown at them, because that's what this year is about, and they can take it. Even if they stumble along the way.

The only reason I'm upset at all about the bye week is that I love watching this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad