Just like in cold water, our D is shrinking.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Looking at our D right now, and I'm filled with a disquieting feeling.

Trouba: Been skating for a couple of weeks or so. No word of team practising yet. No timetable for return.

Stuart: Just started skating with the team. No timetable for return.

Postma: Blood clot in hip. No timetable for return.

Bogosian: Left last night's game with a lower body injury. No word on timetable or prognosis.

So, with those in mind, our D makeup currently looks like this:

Clitsome - Byfuglien

Enstrom - ????

Pardy - Ellerby

Redmond

Obviously, throwing Redmond onto the second pair at this point is pretty foolhardy. My personal preference is to throw Ellerby with Enstrom and put Redmond with Pardy, then call up someone.

Thoughts?

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
T9QvpFR.jpg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Obviously, throwing Redmond onto the second pair at this point is pretty foolhardy. My personal preference is to throw Ellerby with Enstrom and put Redmond with Pardy, then call up someone.

Thoughts?

First of all we need to see if Bogo will actually be out and if we are looking at a day or so or something longer. Stuart has been practicing with the team and apparently Trouba will be soon. If Bogo can't go Redmond likely steps in. if Stuarts practicing he is likely coming back in in the next game or so. Noel will likely be making a choice between him and Pardy for 6-7. There is a reason why hockey people always talk about needing 10-11 NHL caliber d-man to get through a season. You just can't avoid back-end injuries it is just part of the game.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Ian White seems to be available.

Depends on how long it will be between players being ready. We already have Ellerby and, between he and Pardy, I'd rather keep him. Small sample size, I know, but if we were to waive the two I think Pardy would pass more likely than Ellerby.

Then again, I hear the Oilers are looking for D right now. :sarcasm:

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Lineup will likely be:

Clitsome-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Ellerby (they played together quite a bit in the third and OT against Philadelphia)
Pardy-Redmond
Melchiori

It doesn't have "dumpster fire" written all over it so I guess that's a plus...

Get well soon Bogo and Troubs.

The Ugly Truth*

Clitsome in the first defensive pairing? Dear Lord! The apocalypse is nigh.

The Ugly Truth*

Good thing we got rid of that bum Hainsey :sarcasm:
I think we can weather the storm for a couple of games.

Because keeping Hainsey on the off chance that 4 defensive starters would be out at the same time would've been a good idea, right? :sarcasm:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Because keeping Hainsey on the off chance that 4 defensive starters would be out at the same time would've been a good idea, right? :sarcasm:

...Or keep him cause he's better than Clitsome, Stuart, Ellerby, Postma, Redmond, Melchiori, Charot.

Either way that ship has sailed in a number of different ways.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Thoughts?

Yea I think they should give the EllEn combination a go. He seems to handle the puck the cleanest out of the survivors :sarcasm:

Seriously though I have been impressed with Ellerby and Toby is a skilled D man to paired with....they'll be just fine.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
In the "Time to move a d man" thread, a certain very wise person (even if I do say so myself :) ) said, and I quote...

The only one I would definitely move is Stuart later this year, assuming we can actually get something for him. Pardy and Ellerby are upgrades over Stuart, fercryinoutloud. And given the current injury situation (Trouba/Stuart/Postma), I would be leary of moving any healthy Dmen. Right now we've got...
  • Bogosian
  • Byfuglien
  • Clitsome
  • Ellerby
  • Enstrom
  • Pardy
  • Redmond (#7 Dman in the pressbox)
Do you really want Chiarot/Melchiori/Sol on the Jets' roster today? BTW, let's give the Jets' scouts a big thank you. Clitsome and Ellerby are waiver wire pickups, and Pardy was signed as a UFA. That's half our current defensive playing roster.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
Hahaha, cracked up so hard in my uni's lab at that thread title. Got some funny looks :laugh:

But yeah, I've got to agree with you knorthern. For all the flak Chevy gets for his love affair with the waiver wire, the Jets have done an incredible job of using it to supplement our organizational depth. :handclap:

Seriously though, Trouba can not get back soon enough.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Clitsome in the first defensive pairing? Dear Lord! The apocalypse is nigh.

It's been like that almost all year...

Enstrom and Bogo tend to lead in icetime, but Buff and Clitsome are often not too far behind. Not to mention we saw it happen numerous times last year and it wasn't horribad, unless clitnone showed up.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Make a trade, we need to shore up the left side anyways and waiting for Morrissey isn't a great idea IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad