Line Combos: Just for fun.. Top four forwards all centering a line..

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Make four lines using Tavares,Matthews,Nylander and Marner as your centers. All players from top prospects in The Ahl can be included. I will go first and everyone can improve on it

Robertson/Matthews/Simmonds
Ritchie/ Tavares/Gogolev
Bunting/Nylander/Kampf
Kerfoot/Marner/Spezza

The right side was difficult to put together. Just for fun remember. The process will make you start questioning the roster differently. I don’t think in reality a single Rookie will be in this lineup this year after going through this process. It made me question quite a few players that are signed. We don’t have much on the right side when you switch Willy and Mitch to center i found.

I also noticed we have a nice Russian line. Amirov/Abramov/Gogolev

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Make four lines using Tavares,Matthews,Nylander and Marner as your centers. All players from top prospects in The Ahl can be included. I will go first and everyone can improve on it

Robertson/Matthews/Simmonds
Ritchie/ Tavares/Gogolev
Bunting/Nylander/Kampf
Kerfoot/Marner/Spezza

The right side was difficult to put together. Just for fun remember. The process will make you start questioning the roster differently. I don’t think in reality a single Rookie will be in this lineup this year after going through this process. It made me question quite a few players that are signed. We don’t have much on the right side when you switch Willy and Mitch to center i found.

I also noticed we have a nice Russian line. Amirov/Abramov/Gogolev

I don't think we will have any rookie forwards (without injury) in the lineup either, it is because our "bargain bin" signings are better than them, which is a good thing, I don't think any prospect is fully ready for the NHL yet.

Here is an experiment, take the top 2 right-wingers off of every team and find a drastically better right side than Kase, Simmonds, I am going to assume there are less than 5 that are much better than that.

Also, if you were going to make lines like those, this looks much better.

Kerfoot - Matthews - Kase
Bunting - Tavares - Mikheyev
Ritchie - Nylander - Spezza
Kampf - Marner - Simmonds

We now have the worst wingers in the league (Edmonton is not far off), and the best center lineup of all time.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don't think we will have any rookie forwards (without injury) in the lineup either, it is because our "bargain bin" signings are better than them, which is a good thing, I don't think any prospect is fully ready for the NHL yet.

Here is an experiment, take the top 2 right-wingers off of every team and find a drastically better right side than Kase, Simmonds, I am going to assume there are less than 5 that are much better than that.

Also, if you were going to make lines like those, this looks much better.

Kerfoot - Matthews - Kase
Bunting - Tavares - Mikheyev
Ritchie - Nylander - Spezza
Kampf - Marner - Simmonds

We now have the worst wingers in the league (Edmonton is not far off), and the best center lineup of all time.
The bargain bin signing are better than rookies that haven’t played. That’s encouraging stuff right there. The team could do just fine without that entire right side excluding Spezza. Mikheyev is a defensive player energy guy that is not physical. Kase might not last past the first check. I dontthink either belong anywhere near the top 6

Last edited:

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The bargain bin signing are better than rookies that haven’t played. That’s encouraging stuff right there. The team could do just fine without that entire right side excluding Spezza. Mikheyev is a defensive player energy guy that is not physical. Kase might not last past the first check. I dontthink either belong anywhere near the top 6
Just think if we didn’t have to get so many Bargain basement signings

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Just think if we didn’t have to get so many Bargain basement signings
So no salary cap? Every team does this.....or are you new to hockey?

Judging by all your posts.....can't tell.....

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I mean if we're going with this for fun...

Bunting - Matthews - Kase
Robertson - Tavares - Mikheyev
Kerfoot - Nylander - Spezza
Ritchie - Marner - Engvall

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
So no salary cap? Every team does this.....or are you new to hockey?

Judging by all your posts.....can't tell.....
No just proper use of the existing salary cap……I would have thought that was pretty obvious as I have railed many times against spending 50% of the cap against 4 similar forwards.
Maybe you just need to work on your reading comprehension

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I’m not sure what you are trying to get to here
You know exactly what I’m getting at but seeing as you want to play games I will point it out. Because Dubas spent so much of the cap on 4 similar forward we have to populate so much of the team with bargain basement players……clear enough

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I know exactly what I am getting at and so does Wafflewipper but he just chooses to pretend he doesn’t because it doesn’t fit is narrative

You know exactly what I’m getting at but seeing as you want to play games I will point it out. Because Dubas spent so much of the cap on 4 similar forward we have to populate so much of the team with bargain basement players……clear enough

I don’t have a narrative to fit. I agree the top heavy salaries are onerous. I thought numerous reason you night be trying to get at but didn’t want to guess so i asked. Lol I wasn’t playing any games. I am not sure some of the Ufa signings are better than our Rookies actually. That belief by me lends to likely agreeing with you that this dumpster diving is beyond acceptable levels right now. These dumpster dives are cheaper than our Rookies ELC and its why our rookies are being shorted/ mistreated by Dubas.

Why didn’t he just let Kerfoot get selected by Seattle too. What i think is he wouldn’t look very smart a year later with nothing left for Kadri. I’m not playing, i see all the angles here. Hopefully he got enough in free agency to decide to make some moves. He likely will put the team before himself in a high pressure year for him to win. I hope kerfoot gets traded but not thinking Dubas will move him.

This has been a house of cards since zTavares signed prior to our bog three getting signed. Then he signs short contracts that squarely puts both right in to Ufa’s. Both were over paid, both should have been bridged and there would not be so much cap turmoil. I like the Nylander contract and always did.

Anyone that thinks this is the proper way to run a team is not wrong yet. If they choke out again in next years playoffs it is officially wrong. Maybe they miss the playoffs this year. Then it’s completely wrong and all get fired. Then a new G.M gets this mess because it is a mess.

Dubas knows full well if they fail this year he’s fired. So does that make you think he will trade Rielly? No way will he because he will try covering his a$$ by winning now with no regard for asset retention regarding trading Rielly.

I see the entire damn nasty pucture. I didn’t know what you are getting at when you don’t say it. So speak up next time

Last edited:

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I don’t have a narrative to fit. I agree the top heavy salaries are onerous. I thought numerous reason you night be trying to get at but didn’t want to guess so i asked. Lol I wasn’t playing any games. I am not sure some of the Ufa signings are better than our Rookies actually. That belief by me lends to likely agreeing with you that this dumpster diving is beyond acceptable levels right now. These dumpster dives are cheaper than our Rookies ELC and its why our rookies are being shorted/ mistreated by Dubas.

Why didn’t he just let Kerfoot get selected by Seattle too. What i think is he wouldn’t look very smart a year later with nothing left for Kadri. I’m not playing, i see all the angles here.

This has been a house of cards since zTavares signed prior to our bog three getting signed. Then he signs short contracts that squarely puts both right in to Ufa’s. Both were over paid, both should have been bridged and there would not be so much cap turmoil. I like the Nylander contract and always did.

Anyone that thinks this is the proper way to run a team is not wrong yet. If they choke out again in next years playoffs it is officially wrong. Maybe they miss the playoffs this year. Then it’s completely wrong and all get fired. Then a new G.M gets this mess because it is a mess.

Dubas knows full well if they fail this year he’s fired. So does that make you think he will trade Rielly? No way will he because he will try covering his a$$ by winning now with no regard for asset retention regarding trading Rielly.

I see the entire damn nasty pucture. I didn’t know what you are getting at when you don’t say it. So speak up next time
No worries……I just figured you were messing with me.
Lol
As far as Reilly I agree there is no way he gets traded. That would be an admission that he doesn’t think the team is good enough.
All our opinions aside it is definitely going to be an interesting year

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2