Just curious who you prefer

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I was watching vancouver game yesterday with a friend and it came up that I miss Higgins and Lapierre. For absolutely no reason whatsoever and not having to do with last night's game or anything like that, I asked who he prefers between two sets of players, one in vancouver and one in montreal.

Originally, I had asked Higgins+Lapierre vs Prust+Armstrong. I asked a few people and quickly noticed not many care about armstrong so I got a biased answer. To make it better, I switched armstrong for white.

Who do you prefer? Again, has ZERO to do with last night's game or something to do with how this guy played last night or acted during lockout or whatever.

I personally ask because I miss those two guys and I feel they bring more energy and speed than the other two. Still, the others bring more toughness with similar energy. In an ideal world, I ask for all 4 but hey, out of curiousity, who would you rather have? For kicks, I'll keep Armstrong/Prust in the mix.

Edit:I realize asking Armstrong/Prust vs White/Prust is weird because we have all 3, just assume we'd lose 1. lol

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I was watching vancouver game yesterday with a friend and it came up that I miss Higgins and Lapierre. For absolutely no reason whatsoever and not having to do with last night's game or anything like that, I asked who he prefers between two sets of players, one in vancouver and one in montreal.

Originally, I had asked Higgins+Lapierre vs Prust+Armstrong. I asked a few people and quickly noticed not many care about armstrong so I got a biased answer. To make it better, I switched armstrong for white.

Who do you prefer? Again, has ZERO to do with last night's game or something to do with how this guy played last night or acted during lockout or whatever.

I personally ask because I miss those two guys and I feel they bring more energy and speed than the other two. Still, the others bring more toughness with similar energy. In an ideal world, I ask for all 4 but hey, out of curiousity, who would you rather have? For kicks, I'll keep Armstrong/Prust in the mix.

Having Lapierre in that comparison makes sense.
Having Higgins does not.

That's kinda like asking if we'd rather have Jonathan Toews or Tomas Plekanec.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Having Lapierre in that comparison makes sense.
Having Higgins does not.

That's kinda like asking if we'd rather have Jonathan Toews or Tomas Plekanec.

I asked 4 people, 2 of them prefer to Prust combo. I wouldn't say Higgins vs prust goes to the extent you're bringing up.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Well, there were reasonable reasons at the respective times for when Higgins and Lapierre left, they were both at removes from their peak performances with us. And struggled in their next destinations as well, before finally re-emerging in their present form as Canucks.

Anyway, it has taken us a very long time to re-assemble reliable forward depth, alas. I think Prust is a good one. I think the jury is still very much out whether Armstrong can get back there or not. I like the odds of White getting there. But then, I've usually liked the odds of our prospect guys coming up in those roles, and it seems like few have actually stuck, so jury is still out on White too.

I wouldn't trade Prust and White, say, to go back to Higgins and Lapierre, even though the latter duo is doing fine where they are and all. I have a hunch I will have favourites in Prust and White. I hope so, anyway.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Prust and Armstrong have played 1 game here..So, gonna need more time to really answer this conclusively.
But I always liked pest players. They get under the opponent's skin and draw penalties. ¸
As for Higgins, he's better than all the players mentioned, he'd be perfect on our 3rd line or maybe even top 6 next to Plek.

68*

Higgins-Lapierre-Prust

Not a fan of White really. Heart but very limited talent and not a very good fighter.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
People forget how good Armstrong was the last time he played under MT in Pittsburgh. Just because he couldn't perform in the black hole known as Toronto doesn't mean he isn't good anymore.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Higgins is the only one who has scored an appreciable number of goals. Lapierre is not as good as Prust and is a poorer fighter. I hold White in low esteem. Armstrong won't be around next season.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Moen-Eller-Higgins
Prust-Lapierre-White

I think that would be a swell bottom 6. Third line could possibly give the Habs more of a top 9.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
couldn't vote because I haven't seen the new guys enough yet to really get a good judgement on them. Higgins annoys me because he has lots of talent but never really gets anything done. Lappy I liked. Armstrong/Prust are unknowns to me.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Higgins can move up and down the lineup more easily than any of the rest, and we don't yet know just how easily White can switch between wing and center, so for now I'll say Higgins and Lapierre. They can play more minutes and fill more roles.

Higgins gets flack for not fulfilling his perceived potential as a top line player, but at 1.9mil, does that really matter? IMO he's pretty much an ideal cheap middle sixer, if your team doesn't have quite enough homegrown forwards to do the job (no team does) and has cap/budget restrictions (pretty much every team does).

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Edit:I realize asking Armstrong/Prust vs White/Prust is weird because we have all 3, just assume we'd lose 1. lol

I preferred, and actually loved having, Moore-Pyatt-Lapierre. Unfortunately, all were let go for nothing to speak of, and none of them have been replaced yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad