Player Discussion Just curious....could you ever see a scenario in which Eichel would demand a trade out of Buffalo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
This isn't like a S*** post or anything, being honest here cause I KNOW we've all thought about this at least at some point during his time here. Like I am genuinely curious like if this team continues to suck for the next 3-4 years and we still can't make it even as the 8th seed (let's be honest the conference is really damn good now and look who we have to compete with) that Jack would ask for a trade.

I mean as they say in the sports business "no players are untouchable" (Eichel is untouchable obviously) but you can get to a point where a player, though he signed the contract, can just say "I want out of this hell hole and want to go to a contender for once in my career". I mean we've see this in all sports, even with our Buffalo Bills in the drought years that players wanted out and they got their wish. Happens too in baseball, hockey and all other sports.

Eichel is my favorite player on the team (hell I have his jersey too) but I am curious if you all can see a point where if this team still keeps sucking that Jack, as much as he likes the city, just says "get me out of here". Then what do we do?! :|

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Could it happen? Sure anything CAN happen.

Can he get sick of losing in buffalo and demand a trade? Sure anything CAN happen. Will it happen after two years? Three years? Five years? Only Jack knows what’s in Jacks heart and mind.

Not sure why this was asked. I mean isn’t this kinda obvious to anyone and everyone? :huh:

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
No. And yes this is a ****post. And you should be ashamed.
Actually no it's not cause we've seen it with other teams that stuff can get weird at any time. I just threw this out as a hypothetical as a discussion so no need to bite my ass off.

I'll give you an example since you want....look at the Gronk situation the Patriots have now. He's not happy and I don't think you could have seen that even 2 years ago. Stuff happens in the sports world.

Could it happen? Sure anything CAN happen.

Can he get sick of losing in buffalo and demand a trade? Sure anything CAN happen. Will it happen after two years? Three years? Five years? Only Jack knows what’s in Jacks heart and mind.

Not sure why this was asked. I mean isn’t this kinda obvious to anyone and everyone? :huh:

I asked cause I've seen people be defiant that X player won't leave ever. Player X will be a lifer with the team no matter what and never will want out cause he's loyal and won't ever sign to go somewhere else.

I mean discussions are meant to be offered up. This is perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
I mean if we finish in the basement the next 5-6years? Sure. If we get ourselves into that much of a hellhole we’ll by due to hit the dynamite anyways

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
I actually have wondered that. Jack gets really upset when the Sabres lose and I've seen him throw a couple mini tantrums on the ice, so I do worry that he'll get tired of this crapfest and want out.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I asked cause I've seen people be defiant that X player won't leave ever. Player X will be a lifer with the team no matter what and never will want out cause he's loyal and won't ever sign to go somewhere else.
I don't think I've seen anyone say Jack "won't leave ever".

Some might be optimistic that he'll be here for a long time, with the 8 year contract and Eichel's seemingly improved attitude this year. But most Buffalo fans, between being a smaller city/market and the self loathing that comes with years and years of losing, don't have that kind of confidence anymore. To just assume any player would want to stay here forever. :laugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
No.

But, if things aren't a whole lot better by the time his contract expires, I am worried that he will have no intention of re-signing here.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Only if him and Sam have a very bad breakup. Like Sam leaves and takes the dog they got together bad.

Who gets the bike?

Is it really necessary to play "what if?" games about Eichel at this juncture? Can we stay in the real world for a bit, maybe take in the comments from guys like Lebrun who are talking about the shift in Eichel's maturity and Jack's expressed desire to make things right with the Sabres? That was just yesterday.

So... I think people know it's a possibility and have no idea how long it may take. And they know there is no indication that it's even a remote thing right now. If something changes, why don't we discuss it then?' Until then, I think we're done here.

Reactions: ende and Fezzy126
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad