Line Combos: Just A Scratch (Johnsson)

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Scratch Watch is tallying high these days.

Ok is it wrong to expect more from him? If one of our top wingers gets hurt there's no way they are going to all of a sudden give this out of shape / entitled turd a crack at the top 6. I would much rather someone from the Marlies.
wow, not really necessary just to get a few clicks.

Reactions: al secord

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
tenor.gif

Reactions: Smif and DarkKnight

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
AJ's been disappointing this season, and it's tough when he doesn't get a lot of minutes to begin with.

Still a younger player adjusting to the NHL though. He's developed well in the AHL with a the MVP last season in the playoffs. Certainly have to give him a good chance at the NHL level.

Perhaps he was given good line mates on the Marlies. Is that why he excelled? Who did he play with ?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Scratch Watch is tallying high these days.

Ok is it wrong to expect more from him? If one of our top wingers gets hurt there's no way they are going to all of a sudden give this out of shape / entitled turd a crack at the top 6. I would much rather someone from the Marlies.
He...is...a...rookie. You're right, let's give up on these guys like we did with Kappy...

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
JUST A SCRATCH? YOURE JUST A TING @heybuddyhowyadoing
Johnsson is off to a bad start.

He's a great skater but at times I've had to question his hockey IQ.

He's young so improvement is possible but he needs to play smarter hockey. Maybe start him on the PK and go from there.
Funny how literally everyone said this about Kappy before he got to play with skilled players. Get him in Hyman's spot and he'll flourish, and then Nylander replaces Marleau since Marleau-Kadri-Hyman would be a beastly cycling line

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Funny how literally everyone said this about Kappy before he got to play with skilled players. Get him in Hyman's spot and he'll flourish, and then Nylander replaces Marleau since Marleau-Kadri-Hyman would be a beastly cycling line

Kapanen was emerging last year and in the playoffs on the 4th line.

We haven't seen anything like that from Johnsson yet. Promotions need to be earned.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Kapanen was emerging last year and in the playoffs on the 4th line.

We haven't seen anything like that from Johnsson yet. Promotions need to be earned.
What the hell do you think Johnsson's performance (in the regular season at least) was last year?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He hasn't played well, nobody is holding him down.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
TSN Overdrive tonight Ferraro and O'Neil ripped Johnsson a new one:

Ferraro:
"I don't know what happened to Johnsson, but he is a zero factor."

O'Neil: "He doesn't even look like an NHL player".

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
This is a completely speculative post.....I wonder if his poor performance has anything to do with his asthma? He has a bad case, if I remember correctly. Bad asthma can freak you out if you're playing such a high intensity sport. Maybe he had a relapse? Maybe it's on his mind?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
TSN Overdrive tonight Ferraro and O'Neil ripped Johnsson a new one:

Ferraro:
"I don't know what happened to Johnsson, but he is a zero factor."

O'Neil: "He doesn't even look like an NHL player".

He doesn't at all. He looks like a joke and not like he belongs on any NHL team. Leivo looks like 10x the player and that's, well, it's not good.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Ok so he came into camp out of shape. He doesn't have the speed he had last year. Maybe this year's a write off for him. If he can't get it together he better get his shit together for next year or he could screw himself out of an NHL career.
That's my expert opinion

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Hyman is throwing 2 hits per game. Johnsson is hitting 0.3 hits per game. Kapanen had his game pushed into directions it was never at before playing as a 4th liner.
Last season, he was throwing 1.5 hits per game. But Kasperi put his nose to the grindstone and did it. They might of been okay questioning if Kapanen could product offense if
moved up the roster, but defense and hitting never was. Johnsson needs to become way hungrier and step up his game in a direction he's not use to playing.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Hyman is throwing 2 hits per game. Johnsson is hitting 0.3 hits per game. Kapanen had his game pushed into directions it was never at before playing as a 4th liner.
Last season, he was throwing 1.5 hits per game. But Kasperi put his nose to the grindstone and did it. They might of been okay questioning if Kapanen could product offense if
moved up the roster, but defense and hitting never was. Johnsson needs to become way hungrier and step up his game in a direction he's not use to playing.
Yeah and if only Hyman could 'step up' his game in an offensive capacity in a direction he is not used to...that would be great! Swap the two, might be surprising for some! Hyman is a 'checker/retriever' playing with high end offensive guys and Andreas is an offensive guy playing with wanna be guys! Babs ,just has to keep lplayin' Hyman at all costs,it's not Hymans fault!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad