Speculation: Jussi Jokinen playing for the Jets next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
We have at least two other threads, in which we're talking about the rumor for two days now. We also had heard twitter rumors about it and we think it's very possible. He'd be a good fit for our 3rd line and we're positive about Chevy trying to improve us.

Pretty much the whole Jets board would like to sign him. Downside is, he is rumored to be asking for 4years at 4M, which is too much, IMO. We'll see.

kurpitsa

Jan 21, 2013
Helsinki
We have at least two other threads, in which we're talking about the rumor for two days now. We also had heard twitter rumors about it and we think it's very possible. He'd be a good fit for our 3rd line and we're positive about Chevy trying to improve us.

Pretty much the whole Jets board would like to sign him. Downside is, he is rumored to be asking for 4years at 4M, which is too much, IMO. We'll see.

I´ve been away for the last couple of weeks. I should´ve checked the other threads about this:)
But I dont know about that 4M..I mean compared to OJ´s 4,5M, I think its reasonable. At least for the next season.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I´ve been away for the last couple of weeks. I should´ve checked the other threads about this:)
But I dont know about that 4M..I mean compared to OJ´s 4,5M, I think its reasonable. At least for the next season.

Cash isn't the main problem, it's the length of the contract. I would want to give him 2 years ... 3 at max.

Also, Olli got 4.5M for playing on the second line in his first year and being a 2nd-3rd line hybrid last year. Jokinen would be all 3rd line with Ladd and Kane in front of him on LW. 4M and 4 years for a third liner, that hasn't proben anything with our club (unlike Frolik) is steep.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I have a feeling if he signed with us he'd end up being one of leading scorers. Also has a good name with Paul Maurice, so this is a very good idea to do this. I'd say two years $4M.

Last edited:

Derfel*

I think two years at $3.8M would be fair for him, as long as we don't keep the other Jokinen.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think two years at $3.8M would be fair for him, as long as we don't keep the other Jokinen.

That won't get it done though.

Jussi will be a good barometer for Frolik's contract. If he gets, 4/$16m, I can see Frolik getting 4/$15, due to the RFA year.

Dirty30

Feb 12, 2012
Silly question...are Olli and Jussi related? I read somewhere yesterday that Olli would consider giving some sort of discount to a team willing to reunite them.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Silly question...are Olli and Jussi related? I read somewhere yesterday that Olli would consider giving some sort of discount to a team willing to reunite them.

No relation. Jussi has a brother named Juho in Finn league though, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest