Confirmed with Link: Jurco to Blackhawks for 2017 3rd

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
shame the way things turned out with jurco. still think he might come good, but it was never gonna be in detroit. 3rd round pick is about as good as we could have got for him, so....good.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
good trade. Also, if we can get a 3rd for Jurco we better be seeing at least a late 1st for Vanek. I'm also wondering with the Eaves and Hainsey deals it might be better to act sooner than later if we're selling. Waiting might leave someone desperate for a deal but it might also leave us without a dance partner.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Jurco clearly wasn't working out here but he also has the potential to be "the one that got away"

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Good deal.

I like Jurco a lot, but it just wasn't working out here. I wish Thomas the best.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I think he can be a 20/20 type 3rd line player...a solid contributor.. I liked Jurco, just didn't work out here...didnt help the coaching staff was always ****ing with him either.

Really hope he flourishes, wherever he ends up.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Good deal.

Now lets see what he can get for Vanek and Smith. Hopefully as good as this deal

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
It's quite clear that Jurco just wasn't a match here. He went from a solid rookie year to a 4th line scratch guy when he should have been progressing. Even though it's the Hawks, I hope he can still turn it around.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I'd like to see this kid become a player (anywhere but chicago ideally). Give him some quality line mates, give him some quality ice time and get his confidence where it needs to be and press the restart button. A shame we bumbled his development - such a nice combination of hands and size.
I think we're going to end up looking stupid here, not so much with the trade as Jurco's never going to have a future here and a third is a good return for him as he is, but with his handling and development overall.
Wondering if he'll have a few not so kind words on his way out the door...

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
We're on a roll!!! Thanks for your effort, Jurco. It just wasn't going to work out here. 3rd rounder is a great return. Expecting 2nd or better on Smith, now. Vanek is a sure 1st or conditional first.

LET THE REBUILD COMMENCE!!

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It's a weak draft so teams likely value a 3rd like a 4th/5th in a typical year. Solid return though for a guy with zero points.
What's an objective, realistic take on Jurco from you guys?
He has skill to be a 20+20 guy in this league. Health is an issue, as is confidence. Expectations shouldn't be high but he's a classic case of someone who needed a fresh start.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like the trade from a value standpoint. I hope it's the first of several.

I really don't understand why he was being benched in favor of Sheahan, but oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad