Rumor: Juolevi available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Isn't this their 2016 1st round pick?

If this rumour is even remotely accurate this is a classic panic move. It's also a real sign that this Benning guy is really out of his league as a GM.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I have no clue who this guy and if his credible but here.

Sean Tierney @ChartingHockey
Sources tell me that, in return for Juolevi, Benning is asking for a Clutterbuck/Shaw type, a 4th-6th round pick, and "surprise me." https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/796083985965191169 …

Per his Twitter...

Covering the Vancouver sports scene in print, radio & on-line. TSN 1040, The Province & Canucks Army.

This would be a whole new level of Benning.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
Is the "surprise me" part supposed to be a piece that's better than a Clutterbuck/Shaw type and a 4th-6th round pick combined? I have a hard time believing Benning would do something as dumb as this.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Isn't this their 2016 1st round pick?

If this rumour is even remotely accurate this is a classic panic move. It's also a real sign that this Benning guy is really out of his league as a GM.

This isn't his doing though.

Canucks owners are insistent that they are not going to rebuild and insist on trying to win now. Benning has to do as he's told.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Per his Twitter...

This would be a whole new level of Benning.

really that return is terrible for a recent (like 5 month ago) 6th overall. Jvr plus from the leafs I would be thinking (I know I know, no one wants JVR). too bad we don't have a grinding pest with a scoring touch or too bad it isn't last year when Komarov was performing wayyyyy above his head

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
benningfacepalm-f1341964f541e5f68a5c94a0a0fb7300.gif

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Jesus Christ.

I mean, you want your team to be a playoff team. That's what you should do as a GM.

But surely you don't trade Juolevi... come on.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If there is any truth to this, JVR would definitely be in play in a base deal. The additional pieces would probably be insignificant enough for it not to hinder any sort of deal.

In fact, if this is the direction they want to go down (which is a totally different monster), it would be a fair value proposition for both teams.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Trade a 5th overall pick for Clutterbuck, wait a few years, trade Clutterbuck for another 5th overall pick. Great to see the stability of the Clutterbuck market.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Jesus Christ.

I mean, you want your team to be a playoff team. That's what you should do as a GM.

But surely you don't trade Juolevi... come on.

sure trade juolevi for the best scorer you can get, if that's what you need in your mind to be a playoff team. but Cal clutterbuck type, a 4th and a surprise (what the hell would the surpise be) is a terrible return for that prospect

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
really that return is terrible for a recent (like 5 month ago) 6th overall. Jvr plus from the leafs I would be thinking (I know I know, no one wants JVR). too bad we don't have a grinding pest with a scoring touch or too bad it isn't last year when Komarov was performing wayyyyy above his head

If the above price in the OP is accurate we don't need to trade JVR to get this done

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Well they want a 20 goal scorer "desperately" and hes the only piece they have that carry's the much value. Kadri or JVR perhaps?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If the above price in the OP is accurate we don't need to trade JVR to get this done

we don't have a shaw type. if that was set in stone we are out. A scoring pest we had one last year but he didn't return to the leafs this year he sent his brother louie Komarov who basically skates around doing nothing

Edit: it seems our Vancouver friends in here have debunked this as a joke tweet. Too bad I like juolevi

Wolves

Jan 25, 2016
Was recently at a Knights game Juolevi didn't stand out enough to me as a Top 5 pick, but that being said it's still early in the season. Could've been an off game he played fairly passive but when he's playing aggressive and confident he can be very dangerous in the offensive zone. Still has 10 pts in 12 games right now.

I would think the "surprise me" needs to be significant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad