Junior Inter Squad Game - Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Canucks-R-best said:
can anyone tell me more about this kid at the camp it would be greatly appreciated

Luc played great, he was the faster guy on the ice, I mean he was just so quick. No one could get past him..he'd lay out a bone crushing check, or rush back and strip the puck. He has good offensive instincts, and his speed showed he could have had a few breakaways but he focused on being VERY responsible defensivly. I think he was +3(I know he was +2 for sure) he had 1 assist, and I'm 99% sure while he was on the ice the other team didnt score against his team. To me he looked like the best d-man out there. Barker probably was, but since he as practically made the team before try-outs wasn't getting as much time or opertunities as the others. Bourdon and Staal was a good combination on D. One thing I did notice is he isnt overly physical in front of his net, pushing other guys away. However tough defence isnt really his forte, he has good offensive tools. He doesn't make mistakes, or very rarely. He uses his body well along the boards and in his own end. He has good awareness...he always seemed to be knowing where the other teams attackers were...he would cover them where they needed to be covered. Bourret got red teams MVP of game, just because he scored the GWG i think, as he wasn't very physical(well compared to his scouting reports), Bourdon could have taken red's MVP and no one would ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad