Junior C in Ontario

JACK STLOUIS

Jun 7, 2018
Me and my friend are currently playing Major Midget "A" I am in the OMHA and he is in the GTHL. I am a goalie and he is a forward, we are both on pretty good teams and both could be playing for AA teams if we did not want to leave our main centers. Once High School is done we are both (hoping) to attend Laurier University and are looking to play on a Junior C team in the area (Wellesley, Woodstock, Ayr, Tavistock). We have both played AA hockey before and have been call-ups to AAA. Just wondering what our odds are of making one of those Junior teams. Thanks

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
Ayr and Tavistock are division powerhouses, and unless Ayr's starter goes 'B', would expect their goalies to return. Woodstock and Wellesley have a goalie graduating, so there is a solid chance there. It is much easier for a skater, with many more openings, but Ayr tends to load up with former OHL and 'B' players. Another issue is that most organizations have already held their prospect skates. My advice, start contacting GMs now.

Reactions: JACK STLOUIS

JACK STLOUIS

Jun 7, 2018
Ayr and Tavistock are division powerhouses, and unless Ayr's starter goes 'B', would expect their goalies to return. Woodstock and Wellesley have a goalie graduating, so there is a solid chance there. It is much easier for a skater, with many more openings, but Ayr tends to load up with former OHL and 'B' players. Another issue is that most organizations have already held their prospect skates. My advice, start contacting GMs now.
Thanks for the help but as for contacting GM’s I’m not planning on playing junior C for the 2018-19 season but for the 2019-2020 season , sorry should have been more clear about that.

Swamp Rat

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the help but as for contacting GM’s I’m not planning on playing junior C for the 2018-19 season but for the 2019-2020 season , sorry should have been more clear about that.
Most if not all Jr C and B teams have prospect camps in the spring that you should go to, at a cost though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad