Boston Bruins June 15, 2011

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
My son was four at the time and my wife had to work that evening, so it was me & the kid watching hockey. He probably had no idea why dad was so nervous, emotional, et al.

That was the greatest night of my life as a sports fan. All of the gut punches over the years just went away in ecstasy. I nearly made the 18-hour drive to Boston for the parade. As soon as NBC went off the air, I fired up 98.5 and listened to the postgame until well into the morning.

I don't think I stopped smiling all summer.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Such great memories! I wore my jersey to work on June 16th, which happens to be my birthday, it was so hot but I didn't care. We draped the Bruins flag over our company sign, so sweet. My boss was a Habs fan and he lost the bet of course.

Reactions: 774EVER

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We left Rogers Arena at about 9:30 PDT and a Vancouver officer told us to take off our new Bruins championship hats and if we were smart to get out of town. Our hotel was near Sea-Tac Airport anyways so we headed for Seattle and hit a place in Seattle around Midnight and they had CBC on showing the riot footage.

We were happy campers.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
In 1972 I watched the Bruins win the Cup, I was 10 years old. In 2011 I watched the Bruins win the Cup again with my 10 year old son. I cried like baby. The memories brought me to tears.

Both my children told me years later that they were horrified through the whole thing. Apparently I slam walls and through things and use colorful language when shit goes wrong. I assured them they were in no danger which they now understand they weren't but it didn't seem that way to them at the time. I apologized, I was totally unaware that I was freaking them out. In my defense my wife didn't pick up on it either.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I like the Cup-winner, myself. :)

The Cup-winner was an absolute beauty of a goal. Not picturesque like Orr, but a great hockey play by 63 & 37. Bergeron has such a lightning-fast (and accurate) release, it's a joy to watch.

I remember that goal, the shorty and Tim Thomas having to make a save as he began his celebration like it was yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad