June 11th, 2012 - One Year Anniversary!

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Honestly my favorite moment was after the final horn, looking down into a lower section and seeing my brother looking right back at me, celebrating and sharing a moment we never thought would happen. He made the trip from norcal and spent a lot of money getting seats for the game, and it was more than worth it in the end.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Is the second one worth it? What do they show? I haven't heard of it before now.

It's a collection of NHL highlights from 2012-13 and there is a lot of Kings footage on it including bonus features with the post celebration stuff and locker room celebration. I enjoyed it.

Here's a quick trailer for it:

Also found this clip with highlights from the Cup Finals that's from the Don Cherry DVD/Blu-Ray:

I am not sure about the shipping/handling rate but I ordered it from CBC last year.
http://www.cbcshop.ca/dvds/sports/don-cherry-s-rock-em-sock-em-hockey-24-bd.html

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Never Forget!!!

pb-120611-kings-818p.photoblog900.jpg

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
nice anniversary :nod:

i was a bandwagoner, so was so excited when you won...so was very happy! (as an aside, your avatars last year are still my fave ever).

just as an anecdote for you...i have friends in LA (the 1% who was born/raised there) who'd never paid much attention to hockey (and rolled their eyes when i kept encouraging them to go and watch the team over the years) who jumped on the wagon last year...they're still fans now (obv. they liked the Kings won...but they actually started to enjoy watching hockey) and weren't at all deterred by the lockout. One of them is either getting season ticks for next year (or is on the list). It's really cool to see more and more fans in LA getting attracted to hockey than before b/c of the Kings success. It's also cool seeing the rise of kids you played youth hockey in SoCal more frequently...but that's another thread.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
did anyone else celebrate by watching the game again? I watched the feed with Nick and Daryl for the first time.

I did. I just watched the DVD that came with the book for the first time because I was afraid to put it in my checked bag to take back to school in Vegas. Although I heard Bob & Jim's broadcast live from my dad's office in the building that night.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
did anyone else celebrate by watching the game again? I watched the feed with Nick and Daryl for the first time.

Yes. It was so much fun to watch and it was nice to see the team play at the top of their level. It was really a treat to watch last year. But man this team is going to be good for a long time.

Cup 4 the Kings

It only took 45 yrs!
Nov 16, 2005
Cucamonga
Such sweet memories from that magical night! Too bad I was stuck in class giving a final presentation, and my dad, who's been a diehard fan since the early 70's, was in the hospital at the time. Wanted so bad to at least get to watch it with him, but them's the cards we were dealt. We talked about it for hours when he got back though. We had the biggest grins! :D :D

On a side note, if anyone is interested in buying the Don Cherry's Rock Em Sock Em 24 Blu ray, I found an awesome deal here in the states so you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping.

http://www.moviemars.com/Sports-and...rry's-Rock-'Em-Sock-'Em-Hockey-24-Blu-ray.htm

Comes out to $16.76 with free shipping! Make sure you use the code moviemars10 when you checkout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad