Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Hail-the-Kings-LA-wins-Stanley-Cup-861LEDAB-x-large.jpg

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
good times. :)

I'm still shocked they scored 3 goals on "The Powerplay". That was one of the best nights of my life.

Lets win it again shall we. :yo:

Muzzfan

Mar 10, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Memories!

That was a night I will never forget. Only a year ago we achieved this.

The year since has been more rocky, but that memory still overshadows all of it.

Here's to having another anniversary to celebrate soon! :handclap:

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
it still gives me chills and brings a tear to my eye.

a playoff loss and elimination now doesn't hurt quite as bad. i am a much calmer individual now

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yeah, I still get emotional sometimes looking back on that night.

I just remember saying when they got the 5 minute PP, okay, here's your Cup. Do you want it or not?

Then Brown scored. Then we all thought Brown scored again and I started to lose my mind. Then the third goal, and I knew it was over. The rest of the game I just sort of sat in silence with my wife and got more and more emotional the closer it got to final buzzer.

Great times.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Even before they got on the 5 min PP, you could just feel that it was going to be a special night as the Kings came out flying right from the drop of the puck, and they dictated the entire game from start to finish.

I think I'll fill my need for hockey during the summer by watching the games I saved from that playoff run and all the blurays that were released (including Don Cherry's Rock 'Em Sock 'Em from last year which featured tons of Kings highlights and exclusive footage).

Now I just need to purchase the Cup Memories bluray to compete my collection.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
One year ago today somehow a kid in his 20's living in Connecticut managed to land his ass in a seat at Staples Center. And witness the greatest moment ever!

Last edited:

Ron*

An incredibly dominant run.

Like a dream. This season's playoffs were more of a reality. But I believe if we didn't suffer so many injuries, we would have repeated. This team is definitely built for the playoffs.

Looking forward to next season. Perhaps we can trade Cups with Boston...they win in 2011, we win in 2012, they win in 2013, we win in 2014, ...

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
I'll never forget that night at Staples. Craziest, best thing I've ever witnessed (short of the birth of my kid).

I'm glad I sucked it up and bought all those tickets. Seemed painful at the time but I don't regret it one tiny bit.

Was a little scared they might go all the way again this year....LOL....woulda put me in the poor house. Every other year works, though!

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Not suffering injuries, rolling the same lines, using the same 6 defensemen through whole 20 games.. Sounds incredible now. Every championship is special on its own but I doubt any other championship run will be special as the first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad