Jumpier's First Ever Mock Draft

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
This is the first time I’ve done one of these, so be nice ;) . Anyway, here we go, hoping for CONSTRUCTIVE critisim.

1. Edmonton – Ryan Nugent Hopkins
2. Ottawa – Gabriel Landeskog
3. Colorado – Adam Larsson
4. NY Islanders – Sean Couturier
5. Florida – Jonathan Huberdeau
6. New Jersey – Ryan Murphy
7. Atlanta – Ryan Strome
8. Boston* - Dougie Hamilton
9. St. Louis – Tyler Biggs
10. Carolina – Duncan Siemens
11. Columbus – Brandon Saad
12. NY Rangers – Mika Zabanejad
13. Buffalo – Joel Armia
14. Minnesota – Demitrij Jaskin
15. Anaheim – Jonas Brodin
16. Ottawa – Sven Bartschi
17. Calgary – Ty Rattie
18. Chicago – Nathan Beaulieu
19. Dallas – Niklas Jansen
20. Phoenix – Tomas Jurco
21 Edmonton* - Jamieson Oleksiak
22. Montreal – Mark McNeil
23. Tampa Bay – Scott Mayfield
24. Toronto* - Matt Puempel
25. San Jose – David Musil
26. Pittsburgh – Mark Scheifele
27. Washington – Rikard Rakell
28 Detroit – Boone Jenner
29. Toronto* - Zack Phillips
30. Vancouver – Rocco Grimaldi
HM – Daniel Cantenacci, Vladimir Namestinkov, Victor Rask, Christopher Gibson

What do you guys think? Some notes on risers and fallers

Risers:

12. Mika Zibanejad – I have seen this guy play (on film only) and he has some serious skills. Great goal scoring and plays with a certain grittiness

14. Demitrij Jaskin – People are in and out on this player. You either love him or you hate him. However see him rise a lot because a team “likes” him

20. Tomas Jurco – A player with intense skill and speed. He is a little on the rawer side but has potential to be a top 6. Could see him fall to the second round, depends on the team.

Fallers:

16. Sven Bartschi – Doesn’t drop much, but people can tend to overlook this guy. High praises on him, but realistically GM’s will let him slid. I would pick him 10th if I had the pick, but he will be overlooked.

18. Nathan Beaulieu – A player who has skills, but needs work to be able to utilize them more. Not having a “great” season for a first round pick, but utilizes skill. See him drop, but become a prolific scorer with the team that picks him up

24. Matt Puempel – See him drop because of injury. People say he might still be a high pick, but I see GM’s weary of him early on. He is a top 10 caliber player if his injury clears up and Burke will probably take the chance.

28. Boone Jenner – I don’t know, he can go high, he can go low. He is a player that I just don’t see much in, even though I’ve seen him play. He posses skills, but not as much potential as others on the board. See some GM’s make the pass. He might go higher if a GM takes a chance.

Tell me what you think. Don’t be too hard. :yo:

Last edited:

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
I see Oilers take McNeil with their pick....not a big deal but just a point I would make.

Also, I think we will draft Larsson come draft day.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I see Oilers take McNeil with their pick....not a big deal but just a point I would make.

Also, I think we will draft Larsson come draft day.

Myself, I was on the edge between Larsson and Nugent-Hopkins. I thought about the Oilers defense, which is okay. Or the possibility of a Nugent-Hopkins - Hall line.

It's a toos up with the first 4 to be honest.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Myself, I was on the edge between Larsson and Nugent-Hopkins. I thought about the Oilers defense, which is okay. Or the possibility of a Nugent-Hopkins - Hall line.

It's a toos up with the first 4 to be honest.

One of the better ones. I like where the top five are. Hopkins or Larsson is really tough to predict. Personally I'm happy with either.

I don't think Ottawa stocks up on two wingers but I could be wrong. Players are in pretty good places overall. What happened to Khokhlachev or Gibson? They deserve acknowledgement.

Murray is '12. I see nicks has already pointed out the correct name..

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
This is the first time I’ve done one of these, so be nice ;) . Anyway, here we go, hoping for CONSTRUCTIVE critisim.

6. New Jersey – Ryan Murray
7. Atlanta – Ryan Strome
8. Boston* - Brandon Saad
13. Buffalo – Joel Armia
17. Calgary – Ty Rattie
25. San Jose – Scott Mayfield
HM – Daniel Cantenacci, Vladimir Namestinkov, Victor Rask

Risers:

12. Mika Zibanejad – I have seen this guy play (on film only) and he has some serious skills. Great goal scoring and plays with a certain grittiness

14. Demitrij Jaskin – People are in and out on this player. You either love him or you hate him. However see him rise a lot because a team “likes†him

20. Tomas Jurco – A player with intense skill and speed. He is a little on the rawer side but has potential to be a top 6. Could see him fall to the second round, depends on the team.

Fallers:

16. Sven Bartschi – Doesn’t drop much, but people can tend to overlook this guy. High praises on him, but realistically GM’s will let him slid. I would pick him 10th if I had the pick, but he will be overlooked.

18. Nathan Beaulieu – A player who has skills, but needs work to be able to utilize them more. Not having a “great†season for a first round pick, but utilizes skill. See him drop, but become a prolific scorer with the team that picks him up

24. Matt Puempel – See him drop because of injury. People say he might still be a high pick, but I see GM’s weary of him early on. He is a top 10 caliber player if his injury clears up and Burke will probably take the chance.

28. Boone Jenner – I don’t know, he can go high, he can go low. He is a player that I just don’t see much in, even though I’ve seen him play. He posses skills, but not as much potential as others on the board. See some GM’s make the pass. He might go higher if a GM takes a chance.

Its not bad but with Hall, MPS, Eberle I dont see The Oilers drafting another forward. I think they will take Larson

james30

Jan 13, 2010
Edmonton will draft a d. Too many errors to take list seriously as noted above by other posts.

Last edited:

Akonite

Mar 9, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Its not bad but with Hall, MPS, Eberle I dont see The Oilers drafting another forward. I think they will take Larson

I hope it is Larsson, but we have an abundance of wingers and next to no centers with higher end potential.

If it's not Nugent-Hopkins this year it'll be Galchenyuk next year IMO.

bzer

Jan 31, 2009
Hard to say anything is an error until we see the draft itself.

Good work on acutally writing this up :handclap:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Hard to say anything is an error until we see the draft itself.

Good work on acutally writing this up :handclap:

I doubt players names will change draft day. Or the fact that only one team can draft each player...

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
You might want to have a team picking dougie hamilton in the 1st round...just an obvious thought.

Yeah, two more top 20 picks will likely be Alexander Khokhlachev and David Musil.

If Hamilton is there, I can't see the Bruins passing him up. I think Hamilton has passed Murphy on most NHL teams' board, though.

arsmaster*

I dont think Grimaldi is on Vancouver's radar...they lack size in their prospect pool and while he may be the most talented player remaining and have the character the team covets, I just cant see adding a 5'6" forward to a group of prospects that barely scrape 6'0" (Schroeder, Rodin, Hodgson etc).

NOt that I think size is THE major factor, I just more of a rugged winger being the potential need....dont know who, when looking at the availability on your list.....could definately see them moving back 4 or 5 spots to add another pick as well, if they feel they can get THEIR guy 5 picks down the line.....remember in 2009, the Canucks scouts had Rodin in the first round and likely would have taken him had Schroeder not fallen.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Dallas takes Oleksiak for sure if he falls to us.

Yeah, two more top 20 picks will likely be Alexander Khokhlachev and David Musil.

If Hamilton is there, I can't see the Bruins passing him up. I think Hamilton has passed Murphy on most NHL teams' board, though.

If a team wants an offensive defensemen Murphy wouldn't fall lower on their boards. Hamiltons offensive skill gets overrated here a lot. Numbers don't tell the whole story.

Dave Karp

Jul 11, 2007
Nova Scotia
Other than Saad going X2, and Mayfield x2 and Dougie Hamilton missing seems like a pretty typical list.

I don't want Dallas drafting Jensen, though.

Dallas takes Oleksiak for sure if he falls to us.

Just like Dallas took Cam Fowler or Gormley. Who knows who'll we'll take.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
As a Devils fan, I have no problem with Murphy, but if the Devils are picking at 6. I don't see them passing up Strome and they may even pick Hamilton, not on your list over Murphy.

james30

Jan 13, 2010
Erretung where is your picture of Murphy? or, was that too obvious that you love him! Are you his agent or his grandfather?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Other than Saad going X2, and Mayfield x2 and Dougie Hamilton missing seems like a pretty typical list.

I don't want Dallas drafting Jensen, though.

Just like Dallas took Cam Fowler or Gormley. Who knows who'll we'll take.

More like, "They better take Oleksiak"

Up this far they have no excuse not to take Oleksiak, we need centers of PMDs ir two way defencemen with offensive and Oleksiak is the BPA for the typ of players we need to take.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008

6. New Jersey – Ryan Murray
7. Atlanta – Ryan Strome
8. Boston* - Brandon Saad
13. Buffalo – Joel Armia
17. Calgary – Ty Rattie
25. San Jose – Scott Mayfield
HM – Daniel Cantenacci, Vladimir Namestinkov, Victor Rask

Risers:

14. Demitrij Jaskin – People are in and out on this player. You either love him or you hate him. However see him rise a lot because a team “likes†him

Fallers:

18. Nathan Beaulieu – A player who has skills, but needs work to be able to utilize them more. Not having a “great†season for a first round pick, but utilizes skill. See him drop, but become a prolific scorer with the team that picks him up

You took Saad twice and Dougie Hamilton would get pick in the top 10 easy.
I think NJ will pick since they need a scott Steven type of D wich Hamilton can become. Also Larsson will get pick in by Edmonton as the 1st overall and Ottawa will pick Landskog. Yep I said it 1,2 Sweeden. Did that ever happen before?
RNH should get pick 3rd overall by the AVS. the Devils won t pick Murphy since they need a strong d and not a a od(like a rafalski). Then Demitrij Jaskin won't be pick before the top 20 comes but will be a stud. Like I have a 16 overall pick in one of my fantasy league and might take him since I'm high but I feel that he will slip like Murphy. Also Biggs might become the next Dylan McIlrath meaning he doesn t deserve to be in the top 10 let alone top 15. Hopefully ranger pick Biggs since I dislike Ranger and they suck at drafting. They should draft with there eys close and say him or him or maybe him. Let s just take him. LOL!!! Tomas Jurco won't be that high (20th overall) even if I would but NHL might take him as a 26 to 30 or early 2nd and even late 2nd like what happen to tatar and then Galiev. Jamieson Oleksiak
will be a hot topic with the draft neering since I believe could be the new and improve chara with is size and he might be ready for nhl after one more season of college or even junior (he would fit so well in WHL). In overall it was a descent prediction but I feel you forgot some great player like Hamilton,Vladimir Namestinkov,Alexander Khokhlachev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad