Jumbo Joe ditching the Beard?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
As someone with as close to a hobo beard as possible without it being a hobo beard I have no clue why men care what another man's face looks like. I get compliments all the time on mine. But it is weird to think there is actually people out there who actually look at it and care. So weird.

Well, becasue when you're standing near me and talking I'm worried that the food stuck in your beard is going to flick on my face or that your fleas are going to jump ship.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
As someone with as close to a hobo beard as possible without it being a hobo beard I have no clue why men care what another man's face looks like. I get compliments all the time on mine. But it is weird to think there is actually people out there who actually look at it and care. So weird.

Because you don't care if another man is dressed weirdly. Sure. No reaction whatsoever. Just a blank stare. Right?

You're also aware that the alleged people giving you compliments are 'caring'?

Last edited:

bert2z

Dank budz and death metal.
Jan 22, 2013
Michigan
This is his way of passing the torch to karlsson... Watch EK65 grow that same beard this season. Calling it now.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
More aerodynamic now. Watch him have his best season in years.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
More aerodynamic now. Watch him have his best season in years.
maxresdefault.jpg

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Who cares how a player chooses to look like?

It's a question of deportment. I don't particularly care if once they're in their private lives they run around in sandals or ripped tees or whatever, go nuts.
But the entire shtick around the NHL is "team this, team that" and uniformity. The NHL isn't really known for being that league that's "different" (to its detriment at times) so you'd really stand out here.
Lastly, by having uniform dress standards (no pun intended) you make it somewhat easier for players to adopt to team strictures and so on.

Beards are fine, as long as they are groomed, clean and tidy. But that's just me, and I'm not going to avoid seeing Erik Karlsson's new team over this, it just rankles me.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
It's a question of deportment. I don't particularly care if once they're in their private lives they run around in sandals or ripped tees or whatever, go nuts.
But the entire shtick around the NHL is "team this, team that" and uniformity. The NHL isn't really known for being that league that's "different" (to its detriment at times) so you'd really stand out here.
Lastly, by having uniform dress standards (no pun intended) you make it somewhat easier for players to adopt to team strictures and so on.

Beards are fine, as long as they are groomed, clean and tidy. But that's just me, and I'm not going to avoid seeing Erik Karlsson's new team over this, it just rankles me.

And this is why nhl players are boring monotone robots. Fans and media are idiots when it comes to players with personalities.

Any player that shows any kind of individuality or personality gets criticised for it because its not the norm.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
And this is why nhl players are boring monotone robots. Fans and media are idiots when it comes to players with personalities.

Any player that shows any kind of individuality or personality gets criticised for it because its not the norm.

Or it could just be that a lot of people think having a ratty beard and intentionally making yourself look like you're homeless is stupid. I suspect that if Thornton's "individuality" was that he liked to juggle geese that the reaction would be different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad