• LD - Brady Cleveland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Söderblom wins 8th round.

#1 LD - Simon Edvinsson 86.8% (6th overall, 1st round, 2021 draft)
#2 C - Marco Kasper 80% (8th overall, 1st round, 2022 draft)
#3 C - Nate Danielson 68.0% (9th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#4 LD - William Wallinder 35.7% (32nd overall, 2nd round 2020 draft)
#5 RD - Axel Sandin Pellikka 43.9% (17th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#6 G - Sebastian Cossa 56,9% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)
#7 RW - Carter Mazur 72.0% (70th overall, 3rd round 2021 draft)
#8 LW - Elmer Söderblom 51.7% (159th overall, 6th round 2019 draft)

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
We've reached a point where we debate over our #9 ranked prospect and several different picks can hold weight here. Not only hold weight but we have guys who could make an impact at the NHL level being voted as #9 on the depth chart.

We have a deep prospect pool guys, when was the last time we could say that?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I get the hype of lombardi and he would be #10 choice in this list, but I do not understand how ALJO doesn't run away with this.

He has played multiple pro level seasons and was most likely going to get called up last year if he didn't get injured. Yzerman has said multiple times that he is improved exponentially and is extremely pleased (that is crazy high praise from Yzerman by saying he is extremely pleased).

I saw Lombardi's shot and how he ripped one in the corner during the development camp, I GET IT. But he hasn't seen pro hockey yet and ALJO has played against men in the SHL and AHL, far better leagues than what lombardi has played in. And this isn't a knock on Lombardi, if he lights it up this year in the AHL, then he should be much higher than #9/10 in our rankings. In fact, if he beats berggrens point production in his first year, then I truly think we need to trade someone or pen him in the top 9 next year. I'd probably slot him in at #4/5 on this list.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yzerman has said multiple times that he is improved exponentially and is extremely pleased (that is crazy high praise from Yzerman by saying he is extremely pleased).

Feel free to show something that shows that how Yzerman talks about Johansson is any different than how he talks about Lombardi or any of the other prospects in this range.

It took us all year to get Edvinsson on the big club and we would have called up Johansson if not for injuries? Yeah, I don’t think that’s true.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Feel free to show something that shows that how Yzerman talks about Johansson is any different than how he talks about Lombardi or any of the other prospects in this range.

It took us all year to get Edvinsson on the big club and we would have called up Johansson if not for injuries? Yeah, I don’t think that’s true.
From this article back in April 2023:

Edvinsson joined the Red Wings for a nine-game stint near the end of the season. Had he not suffered a season-ending injury on March 4, Johansson might have been up instead.

“Albert actually had a great season,” Red Wings assistant general manager Shawn Horcoff, the Griffins GM, said during his season-ending media address. “Albert last year made some adjustments to his offseason training. He’s always been a great skater, a smart player, a good passer of the puck, but I think his frame was underdeveloped. He made some changes back in Sweden on who he was training with, and I think they paid huge dividends. He was stronger this year and able to sustain the wear and tear of professional hockey quite well.”
Johansson, 22, is good skater, moves the puck well and has a hard point shot. He had five goals and 10 assists in 53 games for Grand Rapids before suffered an undisclosed injury.

“It’s too bad, because at that time he was probably in a position to be called up and play some NHL games,” Horcoff said. “But for him it’s not a continuation of last summer. He’s got plenty of time. The message to all these guys was use it wisely. Take some time off, but let’s get back in the gym. There’s plenty of work to be done and obviously we’re not happy with where we are in Grand Rapids and Detroit this year.”
Later in the article this was said:

Where does that leave Johansson, a left shooter like Edvinsson?

“He has a chance,” Yzerman said. “But I’m pretty comfortable with the left side of our D. Simon’s got work to do to crack the lineup as well. We’ll figure it out. Those young guys are going to have to push one of these guys out of the lineup.”

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
From this article back in April 2023:

Later in the article this was said:

You can find stuff like that for most of these guys:

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
We've reached a point where we debate over our #9 ranked prospect and several different picks can hold weight here. Not only hold weight but we have guys who could make an impact at the NHL level being voted as #9 on the depth chart.

We have a deep prospect pool guys, when was the last time we could say that?
It probably has been said over the past 10 years more than we'd like to admit

Reactions: simonedvinsson

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Don't know if Lombardi makes NHL, but he is a lot of fun to watch, wish him the best

Reactions: Henkka

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
You can find stuff like that for most of these guys:

correct, but you said that there was no chance aljo was going to get called up before edvinsson. That article is proof that aljo was most likely going to be called up before edvinsson and said ed had more things to work on (this was all before edvinsson was actually called up).

So yea, yzerman has said other prospects were extremely pleasing and all, but I also didn't say that aljo was the only player that got these high praises from yzerman. I just said he received those high praises.

Regardless, according to horcoff, aljo was most likely going to get called up before edvinsson and that says an awful lot, at that time. Have things changed since then? probably, idk. But for you to say that it was not likely is just not correct at all.

Reactions: Murmansk16A

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I get the hype of lombardi and he would be #10 choice in this list, but I do not understand how ALJO doesn't run away with this.
Because flashy, high-ceiling forward prospects are more interesting to prospect watchers than a boring, undersized defenseman. At least that's the thought process. It's not necessarily my thought process. You could also say it's an undersized, untested forward with a high probability of busting vs a high-floor, smooth skating competent defenseman who is very close to the NHL in proximity.

I think it's close anyway. I voted for AlJo.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Because flashy, high-ceiling forward prospects are more interesting to prospect watchers than a boring, undersized defenseman. At least that's the thought process. It's not necessarily my thought process. You could also say it's an undersized, untested forward with a high probability of busting vs a high-floor, smooth skating competent defenseman who is very close to the NHL in proximity.

I think it's close anyway. I voted for AlJo.
I got my likes taken from me, so I shall send you a gif:

Reactions: jaster

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
I got my likes taken from me, so I shall send you a gif:

Cheers to AlJo
BbtxgfeCEAAJgkL.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad