• LD - Shai Buium

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Mazur wins 7th round.

#1 LD - Simon Edvinsson 86.8% (6th overall, 1st round, 2021 draft)
#2 C - Marco Kasper 80% (8th overall, 1st round, 2022 draft)
#3 C - Nate Danielson 68.0% (9th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#4 LD - William Wallinder 35.7% (32nd overall, 2nd round 2020 draft)
#5 RD - Axel Sandin Pellikka 43.9% (17th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#6 G - Sebastian Cossa 56,9% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)
#7 RW - Carter Mazur 72.0% (70th overall, 3rd round 2021 draft)

Hanas and Buium added.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It's pretty sick that one of Aljo, Elmer, Lombardi, Buchelnikov, and Gibson could be our 12th most promising prospect.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Was hard to decide between Lombardi, Elmer and AJ , went with Lombardi

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Soderblom is a weird one. I'm not as high on him as others after his AHL stint. I would take Lombardi and Aljo over him

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Elmer only one who played in NHL. Since SUNY is gone , maybe line
Kostin Rasmussen Soderblom

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Soderblom by a hair over Lombardi and AlJo.

I think Soderblom has 25+ goal hands but he needs to work on his off-puck engagement to become a star.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Crazy that Shai Buium won’t even get any consideration for a top 10 spot. 6’3 Dman that skates well with a good two way game at Denver.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Crazy that Shai Buium won’t even get any consideration for a top 10 spot. 6’3 Dman that skates well with a good two way game at Denver.

I think that says a lot about Buium though. His improvement season to season hasn’t been as high as some of our other prospects since being drafted.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
It seems disrespectful that Albert Johansson is so far behind Wallinder. He's been a top prospect and hasn't really done anything to fall.

...I also am not voting for him yet.

Moved from the SHL to AHL and instead of taking a step forward and entrenching himself as a special teams option or improving 5v5 indicators his point totals cratered and he shows the same weaknesses he’s been showing for years.

Everyone here blames Ben Simon. I think people need to sober up to the fact that Albert Johansson is very unlikely to be an impact NHLer.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I'm surprised to see Soderblom with such a big lead. It's who I voted for here, but I'm a bit uneasy about it. I think there's still something there, but it might be more of a stretch than some of us want to admit. AlJo, Lombardi, and Augustine would be the other considerations for me. Lombardi with the best chance to take a big leap in our rankings soon (but also a good chance to crater).

Still too many questions on Buium's skating for me. I'll be interested to watch him this season and see how that part of his game has or has not come along.

Last edited:
Reactions: Go Wings

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I voted for Buium. He is the most projectible of the lot as an NHLer in my eyes. I think Soderblom is an AHL-NHL tweener and Aljo too small and weak for the NHL game. I like Lombardi a lot, but see him as more risky than Buium.

The people who think that Buium has stalled out developmentally are the ones who won't look past counting stats in evaluating players.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I chose ALJO solely based on Yzerman's comments about him towards the end of the year.

Haven't heard him say the same things about soderblom (the current pick by most of you according to the poll). Soderblom would be my next choice i think though.

On name alone he should be near 10 at least.

I also thought it was pronounced "Shay" and not "Shy", so that kind of lowers the...boom....effect.

Wasn't even trying to do a pun there and it just worked out organically. Love when that happens.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Elmer or AlJo, I like Lombardi and his ceiling but he needs to prove it professionally before I put him above these two. He's exciting, though, and if he starts to prove it he shoots up these standings.

I went Elmer just because he's unicorny

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He is one of those guys we said why? At the draft, let's wait and see .

I understood the appeal of drafting a big defenseman that skates well but I never thought Buium had very high upside. I also didn’t think he had a very safe floor as a justification. I just don’t know who I would compare Buium to that is a player of consequence.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Since we're talking Buium, here's his goal at the development camp. Showed a bit of skill.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Elmer only one who played in NHL. Since SUNY is gone , maybe line
Kostin Rasmussen Soderblom

Problem is, that big tree line from last year was actually pretty bad defensively and I think our worst line we had all season.

Elmer or AlJo, I like Lombardi and his ceiling but he needs to prove it professionally before I put him above these two. He's exciting, though, and if he starts to prove it he shoots up these standings.

I went Elmer just because he's unicorny

Yeah, but you can't use your horn in game, so that nullifies the unicorness somewhat! Plus Marchand might try to lick it!

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have a hunch that Soderblom is going to be around for a while. Also, he's a Swedish 6th round pick so it has to work out, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad