• G - Sebastian Cossa

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • RW - Carter Mazur

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I think Danielson has more offensive upside, and thats not a slight on Kasper. Kasper doesn't have a shot or speed like Danielson. Kasper may have the edge in physicality and playmaking though. Danielson by a hair.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Kasper here. His playing style is perfect for the NHL. I think he's ready for the NHL, as he can play up and down the lineup.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think Danielson has more offensive upside, and thats not a slight on Kasper. Kasper doesn't have a shot or speed like Danielson. Kasper may have the edge in physicality and playmaking though. Danielson by a hair.
I kind of wonder how much he'd have been suspended if Kasper were in J20 rather than the SHL last season...

He was trucking fully grown adults. Imagine him lining up a 16yo?

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Honestly this is really tough. In my last post I said that Edvinsson was the clear winner because he's 1. The closest to playing, 2. Has the highest likelihood of being at least decent and 3. Has the highest star potential.

Here I think that you legitimately can argue any of Kasper, Wallinder, ASP and Danielson depending on how you rate them and value those qualities.

If I had to rank them along those qualities it would probably be something like:
Close to making it:
Kasper >> Wallinder > Danielson > ASP

Decent player probability:
Kasper >> Danielson >= Wallinder > ASP

Upside:
ASP > Danielson >= Wallinder >= Kasper

I think that for upside the ranking is most debatable and thus I'm weighing it the least. As a result I voted Kasper here. I really could argue any of them though so I'm not sure that there's a wrong choice.

Cossa has sky high potential of course, but I feel really uncertain projecting him. I think there's a really decent chance that he's not even an NHL starter so I'm voting him after the crop of more sure-thing players are gone.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I think Danielson and Kasper are tied. So I voted Kasper because of seniority

By the way - can we keep these polls open for like 24 hours each? Even if it’s a blowout? Just so we can talk about each spot a little bit more

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think there is a legit debate here.

Argument for Kasper:
Kasper had a terrific season as an 18 year old in the SHL while playing 3rd line center on a team that struggled with injury problems. He’s incredibly strong defensively and tilted the ice during his draft year and D+1 in both the CHL and SHL. Kasper has very underrated stickhandling and playmaking abilities. His hockey IQ, sense, physicality, compete and puck protection skills and skating are all very high level. The part of his game that needs definite improvement is his shot. Kasper isn’t really a natural goal scorer, but I think as is he’s got 20+ goal potential just because he’s getting the puck to the right places. It’s hard to imagine a scenario where he doesn’t turn into a good NHLer.

Argument for Danielson:
Danielson was Mr. Everything for Brandon, leading them in goals, assists and points. He was also captain of his team as an 18 year old. Like Kasper, Danielson is very strong defensively and even Bedard stated that Danielson was the hardest center he’s had to play against in the WHL. Danielson is great at creating chances on the rush with his combination of speed and skill. His shot is a definite strength and he’s shown a great deal of strength when protecting the puck. Also like Kasper, very good hockey sense, IQ, skating, but more of a natural goal scorer than Kasper. His biggest improvements would be in the playmaking department and showing the ability to create offense more on the cycle instead of the rush.

Both are very good prospects and we should be pumped to have both in the system.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I genuinely don’t know who is the better prospect between Kasper and Danielson, I think they have a lot of similar qualities. I went with Kasper because I think we have a better sense of what we have with him and I think he’s pretty projectable at the moment. He draws a lot of comparisons to Cirelli, and I definitely see that archetype for him. But this could easily flip next summer.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Shot? Danielson for sure.
Speed? Kasper is almost as fast as Larkin.

Danielson is very fast as well, but I don’t think it’s faster than Kasper. Plus Kasper’s agility puts him up a notch in my opinion.

I said it in another thread, but I think we might have our Jeff Carter and Mike Richards rather than our Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I really think Kasper is underrated offensively. In juniors before he got to the SHL he was playinga. very different game than he has in the men's league - he was much more of a slick, slippery playmaker than a grinding, hard hitting player.

I think as he develops and gets comfortable relying on that offense more, he will show that he has a lot more offensive potential than people think.

I think he's got 75-80pt potential playing with some offensive wingers. Problem is finding those offensive wingers.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Shot? Danielson for sure.
Speed? Kasper is almost as fast as Larkin.

Danielson is very fast as well, but I don’t think it’s faster than Kasper. Plus Kasper’s agility puts him up a notch in my opinion.

I said it in another thread, but I think we might have our Jeff Carter and Mike Richards rather than our Zetterberg and Datsyuk.
I'll take prime Carter and Richard's any day. Especially with a veteran Larkin added to the mix.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I’m going to go off of the tools based on limited exposure that I have at this point.

I’m going Danielson because I think he’s a better skater and offers more offensive upside, however I won’t ignore the importance of the things Kasper brings to the table.

This could easily flip in short notice. We will see.

Also, Henkka, can we slow down this process a little bit? There’s no reason for us to blow through the rankings in two days. You’re a frequent user and can see the result forming quickly, but let people have a chance to debate a bit.

Reactions: raymond23

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Really close to a coin flip for me between Kasper and Danielson. Good thing is if we say we want to be a harder team to play against, we will be just that with these two down the middle.

I think Kasper has an edge in puck protection and playmaking. I think Danielson is a little bigger and a better scorer. Both really good skaters. Both enjoy giving you hell on both ends of the ice.

I will give it to Kasper for now but I am expecting a big year from Danielson.

Please add Lombardi and Elmer for the next round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad