• LD - Brady Cleveland

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • C - Red Savage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I think it’s time for Carter Gylander to get added. At the moment he’s still ours.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I had a first round grade on Gibson. Low first but I like his game a lot and he has significant upside. He might not reach it and I like a couple guys left, but I think he can be a 4-6 when I watch him.
Voting for Hanas here because I thought he showed a lot last year before getting hurt.

But if I was going to vote for someone we drafted this year it would definitely be NDN.

This is a reminder that he significantly out-produced someone that some on here wanted in the first round in Stenberg (not me). I know stats aren’t everything, but that’s something. And I know people that wanted Stenberg like to make all these excuses why his J20 numbers weren’t better but NDN was playing through injuries too.

I have a hard time voting for Gibson this high. His play at the U18s and his play in the OHL is too far apart. If I knew you were going to get the guy we saw at the U18s every night going forward, sure. Not sold on that just yet.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Voting for Hanas here because I thought he showed a lot last year before getting hurt.

But if I was going to vote for someone we drafted this year it would definitely be NDN.

This is a reminder that he significantly out-produced someone that some on here wanted in the first round in Stenberg (not me). I know stats aren’t everything, but that’s something. And I know people that wanted Stenberg like to make all these excuses why his J20 numbers weren’t better but NDN was playing through injuries too.

I have a hard time voting for Gibson this high. His play at the U18s and his play in the OHL is too far apart. If I knew you were going to get the guy we saw at the U18s every night going forward, sure. Not sold on that just yet.
Judging prospects by raw
Production in the swedish J20 league is a dangerous game. It’s a league with a fair amount of talent, but it’s a pure dev league with usage of top players closer to NA house leagues than junior A or major juniors(depending on the coach’s job status). Lias Anderson looked like Phil Esposito in his d-1 j20 season for hv71 for example

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Judging prospects by raw
Production in the swedish J20 league is a dangerous game. It’s a league with a fair amount of talent, but it’s a pure dev league with usage of top players closer to a NA house leagues than junior A or major juniors(depending on the coach’s job status). Lias Anderson looked like Phil Esposito in his d-1 j20 season for hv71 for example
He also had a pretty comparable season to Berggren in his draft year in the J20.

So just depends how you wanna spin it.

It’s a good feather in his cap compared to some of these other players remaining in these polls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad