• C - Red Savage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Dmitri Buchelnikov wins 11th round.

#1 LD - Simon Edvinsson 86.8% (6th overall, 1st round, 2021 draft)
#2 C - Marco Kasper 80% (8th overall, 1st round, 2022 draft)
#3 C - Nate Danielson 68.0% (9th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#4 LD - William Wallinder 35.7% (32nd overall, 2nd round 2020 draft)
#5 RD - Axel Sandin Pellikka 43.9% (17th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#6 G - Sebastian Cossa 56,9% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)
#7 RW - Carter Mazur 72.0% (70th overall, 3rd round 2021 draft)
#8 LW - Elmer Söderblom 51.7% (159th overall, 6th round 2019 draft)
#9 C - Amadeus Lombardi 46.5% (113th overall, 4th round 2022 draft)
#10 LD - Albert Johansson 61.3% (60th overall, 2nd round 2019 draft)
#11 W - Dmitri Buchelnikov 62.9% (52nd overall, 2nd round 2022 draft)

Forgot to add anybody. I'll add multiple ones on next round.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I have come around a lot to Augustine since we drafted him. Was hearing conflicting viewpoints but I've come to the conclusion that he's actually a really good prospect. All the way down to #12 in our rankings possibly?!

I ain't even mad, just shows how insane our depth is and how much of a breath of fresh air this drafting has been.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Our 24 or younger youth team:

Rasmussen - Kasper - Raymond
Söderblom - Danielson - Berggren
Buchelnikov - Lombardi - Mazur
Kostin - Veleno - X

Edvinsson - Seider
Wallinder - Sandin Pellikka
Johansson - Lindström

Cossa
X

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Our 24 or younger youth team:

Rasmussen - Kasper - Raymond
Söderblom - Danielson - Berggren
Buchelnikov - Lombardi - Mazur
Kostin - Veleno - X

Edvinsson - Seider
Wallinder - Sandin Pellikka
Johansson - Lindström

Cossa
X
had no idea klim kostin was only 24....absolute wow came out loud at my desk here. geeze.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I think Hanas is the best of what's left. He had a solid year and I like his profile. I think there's the upside for a very real contributor there. In fact if our prospect pool wasn't so very deep, I'd be pretty excited about Hanas. As is, he's the best of the guys that make me go "yeah, I'm not really sure that I believe that you'll make it, but there's certainly intriguing qualities there."

I haven't been too impressed when I've seen James so after this I think I'm just going to defer to the team and choose our three seconds from this year, probably starting with Augustine but I haven't watched any of them enough yet to have a strong opinion either way.

Reactions: Frk It

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, I forgot him too when putting that list with just based on memory. But when checked the team list... oh he is there and Lindström too.
I mean, if he can put together a little bit of momentum with us and get an extension, then this trade would be an absolute steal from holland. I get that he was cap-strapped, and couldn't sign him or whatever the case was, but this could be one of the best acquisitions this offseason for the wings not named Debrincat just because of the age factor and what he can be projected to bring to the table. I think he could really look to be a bertuzzi replacement (minus the goal production but maybe not?) until Mazur is ready to go.

I honestly thought he was closer to 28-30 or something for absolutely no reason. Extremely interesting.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
ITs been a long time coming, but I was struck looking at this how deep the prospect pools is compared to when the playoff streak ended. Long gone are the days when its only the top 2-3 that look like future NHL-ers.

I voted for Hanas this time, just because pre-injury he seemed to be adapting his game to a good mix of skills that could see him as 3rd liner if all goes well.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
It does get tough at this point. I might not even vote for this guy next round if he's still there, but give me the 6'3 220 lb defenseman that has 39 points and a +28 over his past 2 NCAA seasons at the age of 19.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
ITs been a long time coming, but I was struck looking at this how deep the prospect pools is compared to when the playoff streak ended. Long gone are the days when its only the top 2-3 that look like future NHL-ers.

I voted for Hanas this time, just because pre-injury he seemed to be adapting his game to a good mix of skills that could see him as 3rd liner if all goes well.
If Hanas is your 12th best prospect, you got a pretty damn good prospect pool.

Reactions: lomekian

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
It does get tough at this point. I might not even vote for this guy next round if he's still there, but give me the 6'3 220 lb defenseman that has 39 points and a +28 over his past 2 NCAA seasons at the age of 19.
I am a bit surprised that Buium isn't getting more respect here. He was absolutely better last season as a sophomore (especially defensively), has NHL size for his position and can move the puck. He still could be harder to play against, but has a lot going for him in terms of being an NHL prospect. How he became so underexposed I don't really know except for recency bias. If he played in Sweden fans would be all over him. I like Gibson but have a hard time arguing that he has done more to date or has materially greater upside than Buium (although I do think he is more valuable as a righty).

Augustine was my other consideration here. I know he is much better than I am giving him credit for. I can also make a case for James and Gibson here, but want to see another step from them.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Positive Perspective (Prospective?) Time

Profile of the Wings' likely 13th best prospect:

Cross Hanas
Born: Dallas, Tx
2nd round pick (#55) in 2020

21-22 WHL Portland Winterhawks Assistant Captain
26g 60a 63 gp 73 pim +31

22-23 AHL Grand Rapids Griffins hurt after 30 games
9g 8a 30 gp 22 pim -12

This is nuts how good the pipeline is. Cross Hanas will play at least 10 games in the NHL in the next two years.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Positive Perspective (Prospective?) Time

Profile of the Wings' likely 13th best prospect:

Cross Hanas

This is nuts how good the pipeline is. Cross Hanas will play at least 10 games in the NHL in the next two years.

Wasn't he compared to Maltby at some point? Kind of agitator, in-your-face + scoring ability guy. Also could go the defensive career path to Bottom6 if needed.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Wasn't he compared to Maltby at some point? Kind of agitator, in-your-face + scoring ability guy. Also could go the defensive career path to Bottom6 if needed.
I think you are thinking of someone else. Think of him as having pretty good size and individual puck skills but a step behind in the skating department. I personally don't think of him as a hard, competitive player. Others may have a different opinion on that point.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
It's funny, I had Buium last round but switched to Augustine for this round. My only concern with Shai is that if he blows up this year he might not sign with us since we're so stacked at LD and he'd only be a year from free agency at that point.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
It's funny, I had Buium last round but switched to Augustine for this round. My only concern with Shai is that if he blows up this year he might not sign with us since we're so stacked at LD and he'd only be a year from free agency at that point.

Trade chip.

If we’re looking for RD or a goalie then Buium would be a guy I part with to upgrade the roster.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
If he doesn't want to wait until his D+5 year to play pro hockey, he has no option but to sign with us. The vast majority of NCAA draft picks sign with the club that drafted them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad