July 1st - Free Agent Extravaganza Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'll pretend that the Glass contract is merely an add-on of McDonagh's contract to make it market price. That's the only way to remain sane.

Zuccarello Awesome*

This may just be me, but I have never been all that impressed with JT Miller's game, and I personally think Oscar Lindberg has just as good of a chance of making the team out of camp as the 3rd line center.

I think a line of Hagelin-Lindberg-Haggerty/Kristo would fit really well together.

IMO Lindberg's overall ceiling is actually higher than Miller's. He's certainly a better defensive player than JT at this point, and watching Lindberg, I really see the potential to break out offensively with the right linemates and in the right situation.

Any reason I'm missing why Lindberg hasn't been discussed nearly as much as Miller for the 3C spot?

I know Miller got the call-ups last season, but Lindberg's overall game seems a lot more mature to me than Miller's who seems defensively lost at times and has a habit (not uncommon among young players) of trying to do too much when he has the puck, ultimately turning it over.

I especially feel that if Haggerty or Kristo are going to be on the 3rd line as well (a legitimate possibility), then Lindberg as the center (along with Hagelin) would be a better fit because of Lindberg's great two-way play and defensive awareness as opposed to having two rookies with unpolished defensive games on the same line (Miller + Haggerty/Kristo).

Regardless, training camp should be extremely exciting this season.

My ideal lineup would look like this:

Kreider [1C] St. Louis
Zuccarello Stepan/Brassard Nash
Hagelin Lindberg Haggerty/Kristo
Glass Moore Carter/Carcillo

assuming one of Stepan/Brassard is moved in a deal to acquire that bonafide first line center. Whichever one isn't moved becomes the 2C.

ie: Brassard, Miller, McIlrath/prospect for E. Staal or J. Thornton.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Canucks sign Vrbata.

What the hell is Benning trying to do? Rebuild? Retool? Make the playoffs? Seems like a completely muddled mess of random decisions.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Ott was bad with St. Louis. He's still capable, but he was downright bad.

I'd bring him in on a PTO and nothing more. But he'll get a contract elsewhere so it's a moot point.

Just bring in whatever bodies we can to compete with Miller and Lindberg for 3C. It can't just be between them.

Leino
Miele
Schroeder
Peter Mueller
Ott
Loktionov

Bring any of them in who will take a PTO and make them all grind it out.

Extra bodies is never a bad thing.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Canucks sign Vrbata.

What the hell is Benning trying to do? Rebuild? Retool? Make the playoffs? Seems like a completely muddled mess of random decisions.

They were good 2 yrs ago. Arguably miller replaces Lou.

If the Sedins are healthy why not bring vrbata in?

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Why cause he brings a good 2 way game and is tough?

He's my top choice at the right price then stempniak

I've been thinking about Stempniak as someone to bring in as well and try him on the third line. Rangers could use another RH shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad