Judging Suter Going Forward ....

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
No comparison between Suter and Arnott. Home grown star of 7 years and one of the main faces of the franchise vs guy who played for 4 teams b4 us and was here for 4 years and not well liked.

If Suts doesn't get a tribute, it'll show how screwed management felt they were. Given the ugly reaction he will get, they are better off not doing it.

btw, looks like his return will be March 9th. Big Saturday night sellout crowd. It'll be fun to see how he reacts to the hostile reception and how the Pred players react.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
No comparison between Suter and Arnott. Home grown star of 7 years and one of the main faces of the franchise vs guy who played for 4 teams b4 us and was here for 4 years and not well liked.

If Suts doesn't get a tribute, it'll show how screwed management felt they were. Given the ugly reaction he will get, they are better off not doing it.

btw, looks like his return will be March 9th. Big Saturday night sellout crowd. It'll be fun to see how he reacts to the hostile reception and how the Pred players react.

exactly....you dont want to give a tribute and have it drowned out in boos...

did Sully get a tribute? or has he even been back as a visitor?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I have nothing to say about him.

I can't honestly say I dislike him. He made his choice, and he has a right to play wherever he wants as a free agent. He could have conducted himself better but whatever, let's forget him.

That being said I don't particularly like him either.

He's just there.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Suter has been better than Shea more consistently the past several years. He has been awesome. His Olympic performance was ... unmatched by anyone IMO. It is a shame he left, and the Predators will probably be fine without him. That said, he is a huge huge loss, and if he maintains the same level of play over the next 5-7 years, he definitely is a hall of famer IMO.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
can someone with a more extensive knowledge of hockey history give examples of players like Suter who made the Hall? IE defensemen with only modest offensive numbers and also not bone crushers like Scott Stevens? Who was the last generations Suter? as repulsive as it sounds, Im thinking maybe Chelios is as close a comparison as I can think of....

and speaking of Chelios... Im thinking maybe we hear "Suter is a SISSY" this season...

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I'll follow him a little bit even though I don't like him. I'm curious to see how he does without Weber and vice versa.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Doug Harvey

11x All Star - 6x Stanley Cup
88 G - 452 Assist - 540 Points

played 1949 to 1969

Inducted in 1973
Played 14 years with the Habs.

Pierre Pilote

8x All Star -1 x Stanley Cup
3 Norris Trophies
80 G - 418 Assist - 498
14 seasons in NHL 13 as a Hawk and one as Leaf

So I doubt very seriously the Former 20 that paled here will even get a sniff since he will likley end his career with the Mild.

Last edited:

tserberis*

We play them three times? So it is like 30 shifts for him every game?

So I want to see him receive at least 100 hits and be on his but at least 50 times. I also want each of our forwards to undress him proper and Weber hit him with this bullet at least once in an ankle:)

And then he can be on with his life.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Truth be told I doubt I'll pay much attention to what he's doing unless it's just me wanting the Wild to fail. It's not like he's a forward or goalie. He'll probably be solid basically every night and not make any glaring mistakes, it's only his team that I might like to fail.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Wild or Wings which team do we hate the most now? The Wings because of their obnoxious fans in our arena or Minny with Craig Liarpold and $uter. I'm leaning towards the Mild since I actually respect the Wings org. outside of Bertuzzi.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
It really makes little sense discussing this. We knew two years ago that the team would have to make a choice of keeping Suter or Weber. In no matter of logic was there a scenerio where the Preds could afford both without destroying any chance to compete. The contracts that the Wild took on will have repercussions for them. Liarpold may have bit off a lil more than he can chew.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wow. Guess we're not over this.

Speaking as a fan of a team that's gotten that kind of jackass treatment more than once... you're never really over it until either you've succeeded without the guy, or he's retired.

* * *​
I would rather you see the pro shop rip the Suterness off and put on a new guy

It's good to know that even if we can't influence folks with our on-ice play, we can at least be a trendsetter in the field of vindictive pettiness. ;)

(And yet it was STILL AWESOME. :D )

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Speaking as a fan of a team that's gotten that kind of jackass treatment more than once... you're never really over it until either you've succeeded without the guy, or he's retired.

* * *​

It's good to know that even if we can't influence folks with our on-ice play, we can at least be a trendsetter in the field of vindictive pettiness. ;)

(And yet it was STILL AWESOME. :D )

Well, you can go the CBJ route rip off Suter, or the ATL route and toss them. Either is catharsis

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
It really makes little sense discussing this. We knew two years ago that the team would have to make a choice of keeping Suter or Weber. In no matter of logic was there a scenerio where the Preds could afford both without destroying any chance to compete. The contracts that the Wild took on will have repercussions for them. Liarpold may have bit off a lil more than he can chew.

ugh... we offered $uter an extremely similar deal to what he was given by liarpold... YES we could have afforded both of them. $uter just completely mislead an entire team and fanbase

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

actually the money situation has improved substantially. I believe it when I hear people say Weber was shocked that Suter left and that he thought no tonly was Suter coming back but thta he was bringing Parise with him.... I believe we would have paid all three of them and had one hell of a core going forward...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad