Confirmed with Link: JT Miller signes 5-year extension ($5.25M AAV)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Miller makes more then Kucherov add him to that list with Johnson and palat this will make Kucherov happy

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I'm quite happy for this news. Miller has done a very good regular season with us, but, in the post season I remember only one goal at Boston...So a weak one for him.
I don't know if, now, we're our of the JT talks, but I did not believe in Tavares...so, it's the same for me.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Biggest hope is he doesn't turn into Killorn. His NTC isn't a full handicap situation either. 5 million is fair value for him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We need to make the playoffs first to perform. Last year we didn't have Miller and we missed, this year we did and made it. Coincidence? I think not.
This is a great contract we have him signed from 25 years old till 30 years old all his prime years and he scores 22 to 23 goals each season. I agree Hose you need to make the playoffs to get a chance to win the cup.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Would JT Miller be the top line center for the Montreal Canadiens next season if we traded him there ?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Biggest hope is he doesn't turn into Killorn. His NTC isn't a full handicap situation either. 5 million is fair value for him.

Given Killorn's playoff track record I would say that Miller turning into him is the best thing that can possibly happen to us. Our scoring depth would be freaking unstoppable

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Who performed vs the caps because kucherov didn’t ? Palat didn’t ? Johnson didn’t it was not just Miller

Miller's the only one who's yet to have a good post-season though.

I wish we'd moved him for another player type. I'll like it more if somehow, some way, we move Alex Killorn. (I think Alex is fine for his contract. The term scares me though.)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Miller's the only one who's yet to have a good post-season though.

I wish we'd moved him for another player type. I'll like it more if somehow, some way, we move Alex Killorn. (I think Alex is fine for his contract. The term scares me though.)

Like what? Miller filled the exact prototype everybody here wanted when he was traded for, a big player with size able to create space and feed passes for our stars while also not playing a reckless style that injuries himself. Miller has time to improve his playoff performances, he's a better version of Killorn and Erne combined.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I’d fully expect yzerman to sign mcdonagh long term as well with miller when yzerman gives up assets he makes sure to retain what he gets in return

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I’d fully expect yzerman to sign mcdonagh long term as well with miller when yzerman gives up assets he makes sure to retain what he gets in return

Ditto. The Coburn trade was similar. If SFY gives up major assets, he thinks they are core players for several years.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
He's going to be extremely useful in the regular season. That being said, the big question mark remains the playoffs for sure, he was nowhere to be seen in the ECF & lacked offensive production overall, but he did provide some well needed physicality in the previous rounds. Feels like he's got a mental block in the playoffs, he's being way too cute with the puck, but I'm sure this can be fixed. Hopefully they will.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Not sure if this excluded us from the JT, since I don't think we ever were in that race to begin with
We certainly are since we're on JT's [very] short-list. It's just that we don't have the necessary cap-space to land that species of big birds. Tavares will have to accept such a major paycut to play here that I can't see it happening. Stamkos did it but it was an exception, not the rule. People want to get paid & we can't compete with the other teams money-wise. #notgonnahappen.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He's going to be extremely useful in the regular season. That being said, the big question mark remains the playoffs for sure, he was nowhere to be seen in the ECF & lacked offensive production overall, but he did provide some well needed physicality in the previous rounds. Feels like he's got a mental block in the playoffs, he's being way too cute with the puck, but I'm sure this can be fixed. Hopefully they will.

I think the positive thing is that we did see a good version of him and that seemed to be consistent when he got the time and space that you get in the regular season. When that time and space went down in the playoffs he was not effective. I also think we can change that. Its interesting because I think his problem was also our problem. We need to amp up that urgency when it matters most. Late in the playoffs when the time and space disappears our best cant disappear too.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Not sure why we gave a 5x5 to a player who sucks in the postseason. I think Miller is a good player and probably could hit +60 points easily on the top line but we don't need another player who disappears in the playoffs. If it was one year like how Johnson and Killorn looked this year, I would give him a pass but this is his playoff history... bit concerning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad