Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller Recalled; McIlrath, Asham Sent Down

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
AV finally woke up and has Miller at center. From: @PLeonardNYDN
Sent: Dec 20, 2013 10:32a

#NYR AM lines SHAKE IT UP Nash-Stepan-Zucc, Kreider-Brass-Hag, Rich-Miller-Pouliot, Boyle-DMoore-Dorsett. McD-G, JMoore-Stralman, DZ-Falk

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/414055827256115200

and you called playing J Moore on the 2nd pair D. DZ is going out the door at some pt

park rangers

Optimist
Feb 7, 2009
NJ
It cannot be understated that this lineup right now lacks any sort of toughness.

Teams can push us around and we have NO answer. How can an NHL GM be so obtuse to the fact that in today's NHL you need at least one enforcer.

If I'm Jack Capuano the only thing I'm saying to my team is be physical and crash the net and you will win; to be honest I believe that's a perfect way of beating the Rangers right now.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Dorsett has been in more fights than the entire blackhawks roster this season.

So much for needing an enforcer

park rangers

Optimist
Feb 7, 2009
NJ
Dorsett has been in more fights than the entire blackhawks roster this season.

So much for needing an enforcer
My definition of enforcer is not as simple as 'fighting'.

Enforcer to me is a grinder, a guy who won't take **** from anybody, is a sparkplug, adds needed energy, is physical...

Dorsett fits most of that criteria but personally he does not get the job done like guys we've had in the past.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
My definition of enforcer is not as simple as 'fighting'.

Enforcer to me is a grinder, a guy who won't take **** from anybody, is a sparkplug, adds needed energy, is physical...

Dorsett fits most of that criteria but personally he does not get the job done like guys we've had in the past.

I think what you actually want is a team that plays that way. Not one guy who gets 5 minutes a night that does.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
It cannot be understated that this lineup right now lacks any sort of toughness.

Teams can push us around and we have NO answer. How can an NHL GM be so obtuse to the fact that in today's NHL you need at least one enforcer.

If I'm Jack Capuano the only thing I'm saying to my team is be physical and crash the net and you will win; to be honest I believe that's a perfect way of beating the Rangers right now.

Concussions reduce team toughness. Players see others going down and become hesitant... We cannot afford to rid of Nash and/or Staal, although it would be the only reliable way.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Are we all just ignoring the ridiculousness of this post? McIlrath on the third line? You're gonna put him at left wing, a position he probably hasn't played since squirts? Also, we already saw Bickel at the wing last year and he didn't play because he couldn't break out of his own zone. This team doesn't need fighters. This team needs to score. This team needs to be grittier, which is a lot different than just throwing a bunch of enforcers up at forward.

As for the topic at hand, I don't get why everyone is all up in arms. McIlrath is not NHL ready. Give him 20 minutes a night in Hartford and get him some playing time. Giving him very sheltered minutes in the NHL isn't going to do his development any good. It was nice to see him for a couple games but he clearly still needs seasoning.

Miller, on the other hand, was sent down because they wanted him to get more minutes. Same as McIlrath, it's not going to do any good for him to play 8-10 minutes a night. I agree with everyone that says he should be playing center, but then that makes Brassard even more useless. Everyone thought Torts was ruining Kreider and look how he turned out. I think JT will be fine.

Okey so whats Your solution. Powe is better than Moore, because Powe was a rly good PK together With Callahan. Now he is in Hartford? WHYYYY? And i would much rather have an enforcer on the 4th line than Boyle. Bickel and Boyle are terrible skaters, but Bickel brings something that this team lacks. McIlrath should be fine on the wing. The Pens moved Engelland from D to wing this season. Why? Because he wasnt good enough on D, but they still need him. Without him they are to soft! So my proposal is not that bad. U on the other hand dosent want change. Miller? He got his chance several times. He is still Young and i believe in him, but he wont make this team better.

Punxrocknyc19*

maybe Kyle Beach and Akim Aliu (once signed) are in the Rangers plans in the future :sarcasm:

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Miller's best attribute last season was that he was engaged and involved, now I barely notice him.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Miller is so much more influential with puck possession and transition as a center.
Love to see Miller play with some urgency.
Agreed - I thought last night was one of the better games we've seen from him in a long time and I think it's no coincidence he was playing center. He is so much more engaged and effective at that position - he plays a proactive, rather than reactive game there.
Miller's best attribute last season was that he was engaged and involved, now I barely notice him.
Strange - I thought he was quite noticeable last night. And unless I'm mistaken, he was the 6th man who came out when Hank went to the bench, which certainly seems to imply that AV noticed him too.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Agreed - I thought last night was one of the better games we've seen from him in a long time and I think it's no coincidence he was playing center. He is so much more engaged and effective at that position - he plays a proactive, rather than reactive game there.

Strange - I thought he was quite noticeable last night. And unless I'm mistaken, he was the 6th man who came out when Hank went to the bench, which certainly seems to imply that AV noticed him too.

yeah i dont know what other people were watching if they thought in the 11 minutes of ice time that miller received he was tentative and floating out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad