Player Discussion JT Miller Appreciation Thread (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
19 points in 20 games in a dreadful year

Clearly seems like one of the players that trys hard enough and is making sure everybody knows that he cares about this team and future.

While making dumb plays once in a while, Consistently Gives a shit regardless, hard along the boards, Can dominate games at times.

Stands up to the media, even when we got absolutely shell shocked, on a gamely basis.

A true leader for this team honestly, And deserves a bit of love.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Yep. He's been doing his part trying to will the Canucks to victory. That's all you can really expect in this environment. A player who has shown no quit and is productive. He has the same amount of goals and more points than Petey and Boeser combined.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
I'm usually not one to talk about who should be captain or not, since we don't have access to the dressing room and we don't see who the players follow and what the leaders say, but I can't help but wonder if JT Miller had been the captain if he would have spoken out against Benning/Green to Aquilini and got the team back on track a couple years ago. Despite his bozo moments, he seems to be the one guy that really stands up for his team and speaks out when necessary.

Reactions: bbud and MarkMM

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I keep thinking about last year's COVID outbreak, when J.T. Miller took to the podium to tell the NHL that it was ridiculous and dangerous for players to return to scheduled games without a longer recovery period. Meantime, where was the captain, the GM, coaches, medical staff and the owner? Nowhere.

It seems pretty apparent to me that Miller will be at a new NHL city by the trade deadline. His contract and production makes him one of the few tradeable assets the Canucks have, that would bring a decent return.

I just hope when that day comes he goes to a team that appreciates what he brings on and off the ice. Like Nate Schmidt before him, he deserves better than this.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Its all very confusing. The media is having a field day with this

I feel like I should take Miller's side but last year I still saw him quit on the team and showed horrible character This year our young players look like spoiled primadommas and I'm sick of Bo as a captain. I don't know what to believe anymore. Such a mess it's unbelievable.

For now I will appreciate Miller cause he has shown good attitude and effort

Last edited:
Reactions: Caboose

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I found myself really discouraged the team being fitness tortured at practice when they can’t make a neutral zone pass or close off the slot defensively.

That’s very junior hockey imo.

Reactions: Oliewud

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Is Miller the cultural carrier we have been waiting for? stay tune next week to find out

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Wtf are they even doing, wtf are you coaching them Green…

the same crazy shit he did in training camp by giving all the ice time to plug AHL players. The coaching staff and freaking Benning should be out there doing that too, it’s just as much their fault we’re in this position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad