Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller and Brandon Mashinter up; Ferriero down (2/18: Mashinter up with Powe out)

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Jt Miller showed a lot of maturity for a 19 year old. yes its only one game but the devils are a good team and the kid wasnt rattled. I mean he deserves Stepan's minutes. Stepan needs to earn his way back IMO

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
I'm not disappointed with Nash at all. If I had to keep one of our current stars and let the other two go, it'd easily be Nash (he's much younger to boot).

He's not going to keep having a 5% shooting percentage. It'll go to the mean soon enough.

Punxrocknyc19*

I'm not disappointed with Nash at all. If I had to keep one of our current stars and let the other two go, it'd easily be Nash (he's much younger to boot).

He's not going to keep having a 5% shooting percentage. It'll go to the mean soon enough.

imagine having no Lundqvist

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I'm waiting for the point when people come around the idea that it wasn't a good idea to trade for Nash (and his contract) at all.

This. We never needed him, but now we are stuck with him. And going with that, they really need to stop putting Nash with Richards and Gaborik. It doesn't work.

Thats beside the point. I am actually a little bummed they sent Ferriero down. I liked him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Isn't that kind of what the situation has been? He's dropped off more than any other player with respect to last year in my eyes. Hard not to drop off a little bit given his insane season last year, but he's been very human so far this season.

Im telling you. Is there an eye doctor around here? This board sure could use one.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I seriously don't think I can think of a single time this season where the other team scored and I thought "******* you Hank"

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm waiting for the point when people come around the idea that it wasn't a good idea to trade for Nash (and his contract) at all.

No I see the upside in Nash.
The problem was we overpaid by holding on to Stepan, who they really wanted.

We'd obviously have been better off giving up
Stepan
Dubi
Erixon
Redden (expensive cap dump, but we are taking on like 80 mil salary commitment)

and instead kept Anisimov and our first, and had that first buyout.

Things could change in 6-7 years, but right now no probs w/Nash.
Richards, we gave him too much for too long.
I think he can snap out of it, and won't do a Redden immediately, but he's got like 4-5 good years in the tank ... MAYBE.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
what the heck is wrong with some of you? Stepan has quite a few points and is still very young...............saying he should be or should have been dealt is so ridiculous

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People are really going crazy about the Nash trade. He's been probably our best forward. We lost depth players that were inconsistent at best. If Miller and Kreider build on their games, as well as Pyatt we would have replaced our depth. I don't see this great chemistry with the guys we lost. Anisimov had good chemistry with Stepan and Gabby but that line cooled off big time. Really we're not 4-5 because of the Nash trade. Once against we had 1 more point at this point last year and had the most in the league after 48.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
maybe Sather knew that he would be a good player that is why they traded Erixon instead of Miller in the trade for Rick Nash. one would think that the Jackets trying to rebuild would want a kid from their home state of Ohio?? i dont think they needed Erixon... they have some depth on their blueline.

Definitely. We all know that Howson isn't very smart, but he probably asked for Miller. Jackets were overflowing with defense prospects even without Timmy. Sather and the front office have worked with Miller to make his route to MSG as fast as possible. They probably had him off the table originally.

Punxrocknyc19*

Biron isn't terrible either though. Not saying he's a hank replacement, but still

i know... alot of people forget that Biron was a starter in Buffalo until Miller came along... im sure Biron would be able to find work as a starter for a desperate team but he likes his situation here on NYR.... one of the best backups in the league...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Just want to say to my detractors, who swore there was NO POSSIBLE WAY, that it was INCONCEIVABLE that the thought of Miller being called up should even be entertained, that I wuz right, and you were wrong.

Sure, I don't get em all right. I have my Tysen Dowzak moments.:laugh::D

But hey, I almost single handedly went against the grain and said his speed was adequate enough to have a basic game, and do well with Kreider/Hagelin/Callahan given his puck distribution.

Come on, confession is good for the soul.

And if we make a judgment that the tactical long term move is send the kid down after the 5 max games so that the clock doesn't start ticking until then, I can live with that if that is part of a comprehensive and intelligent strategy to improve this team.

But I stand uncorrected.
I stand vindicated.
Regardless of he stays or he goes due to cap strategy, regardless of what human mistakes he will eventually make, even big ones we all make, my point that he can show something now was fundamentally correct. :yo::handclap:

This x2+, :rant::rant::rant::rant: based on the fact he got 2 goals tonight.
Said any scoring at this stage would be a plus.
However, this guy may be another Callahan :amazed: sooner than later.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
His speed has looked like an asset but aside from the Islanders game it doesn't look like he's ready to be a points contributor.

Can we get the same (speed, hustle, and defensive responsibility) out of Ferrerrio or Mashinter?

I might drop him back down and see if either of those guys can give us the same. If not you can always bring Miller back up.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I think they should send him down an re-evaluate in April. Keeps him (likely) away from the threshold for accruing an NHL season, and gives the flexibility to use the slide rule if it's beneficial.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
His speed has looked like an asset but aside from the Islanders game it doesn't look like he's ready to be a points contributor.

Can we get the same (speed, hustle, and defensive responsibility) out of Ferrerrio or Mashinter?

I might drop him back down and see if either of those guys can give us the same. If not you can always bring Miller back up.

He looked like a point contributor in the first game too. I thought he looked ok against TB too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad