Speculation: JT Brown's next contract

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not unreasonable to think we'll waive Condra next year. Lots of guys will be vying for that spot. Hard to think at least one of them won't outplay Condra considerably.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not unreasonable to think we'll waive Condra next year. Lots of guys will be vying for that spot. Hard to think at least one of them won't outplay Condra considerably.

Why would we waive him? He's not a plug, he can play in these league easily just not for us because we have cheaper options. I'm sure we can get a 4th for him.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I wouldn't mind locking him for a couple extra years, but it has to be handled pretty delicately given the signings we have coming up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wouldn't mind locking him for a couple extra years, but it has to be handled pretty delicately given the signings we have coming up.

I see no reason to go longer term. It's unlikely he's going to get a whole lot better than he is now. If he does, that's a bonus. But as much as I heart JT Brown, he could still regress rather than improve. If he were to lose a step, for instance, he'd be barely an NHLer.

I'd rather give him two years, then reassess.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I see no reason to go longer term. It's unlikely he's going to get a whole lot better than he is now. If he does, that's a bonus. But as much as I heart JT Brown, he could still regress rather than improve. If he were to lose a step, for instance, he'd be barely an NHLer.

I'd rather give him two years, then reassess.

They'll probably go two but we're talking about someone who'll be making less then 2mil or 1.5 so it's not going to hurt much. Instead of going 2 x 3 for 1.5 each go 3 x 4.2 for 1.4. He should be good next year but if he does regress we bury him and take a 475k hit, not much and he'll actually be good for Syracuse. Buyout would be cheap if it came to that.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I've been saying it for years, if this guy can learn to finish, he'll be a really solid player. Very happy he's finally finding the back of the net because he creates so many scoring chances for himself.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I've been saying it for years, if this guy can learn to finish, he'll be a really solid player. Very happy he's finally finding the back of the net because he creates so many scoring chances for himself.

He's definitely reminding me of Cally, in some ways, but has some additional tools (more speed, for instance).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad