JT Brown announces retirement, named Kraken TV Color Commentator

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
That's an interesting move to say the least. I've never heard him tall outside of that video which was barely longer than the ad which preceded it, but he spoke like he was reading a script. Maybe he'll be a better orator on the broadcast.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I was surprised he was still around but turns out he's been out of the league since 2019

bov

Nov 13, 2010
That's cool, I miss JT. All the best to him in this next chapter.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why is it always agitators and goalies who become colour commentators?

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Seems like a good dude who is always really articulate and knowledgeable on any topic I see him speak about. I bet he'll be good in that role, looking forward to seeing their broadcast. All the best to him.

Reactions: Mike8

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
What's up with that second headline in the link though? "Latest black player to have broadcast role in the NHL" - not sure why they felt the need to highlight Brown's ethnicity there. It's patronizing and has zero bearing on his ability as a broadcaster.

I don't disagree, but I think the historic underrepresentation is the point there. It is noteworthy that hockey not only has more diversity on the ice these days, but that there's also increasing diversity representing the game in public-facing roles (which, in turn, should help increase diversity and help grow the sport).

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
If you can't talk about the content without making it political, feel free to not talk about the content.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad