Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
Since he's scheduled to re-join on Sunday I'm hoping it's nothing too serious

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP
J.S. Giguere's mother is dying in Montreal. She is 69 and terminally ill. Jiggy back with the #Avs, and thankful he was able to see her.

At least it wasn't his kid..

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
J.S. Giguere's mother is dying in Montreal. She is 69 and terminally ill. Jiggy back with the #Avs, and thankful he was able to see her.

Well that sucks. At least he got to to say goodbye to her...

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

At least it wasn't his kid..

whoa, that's heavy. it's good that he got to say goodbye but man 69 is kinda young.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Props to Giggy for coming back so soon. There is no way I would be able to leave the team, spend a couple days with her, and then come back to the team a few days later.

He is a strong guy and maybe coming back and playing will help keep his mind off it.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
She has also been suffering from Alzheimer's for some time as well. :(

My father suffered with the same illness, and his passing was actually a blessing.
Here is an article where Jiggy says much the same thing.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/201...awaiting-word-of-terminally-ill-mother/12587/

alzheimer disease sucks , My Parents are still young , but idk what i would do if either of them would get it . They say that it's harder on the family that it could be for the person itself , but still i'm praying God that neither of my Parent will get it :(

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
alzheimer disease sucks , My Parents are still young , but idk what i would do if either of them would get it . They say that it's harder on the family that it could be for the person itself , but still i'm praying God that neither of my Parent will get it :(

My grandfather had it and it is painful as hell for close relatives in the final few years.
None of our close family can understand how my grandmother could handle it so well. That's love I guess.

Hope for the best for Jiggy. Hope he remembers the good times with fondness.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It was good to see Sacco walk over to Jiggy after they beat Nashville, and jokingly say something and pat him on the shoulder, and see Jiggy smiling and in somewhat good spirits as he stepped out onto the ice to congratulate his teammates.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
So I was reading the Preview for the Avs-Blues game on the Avs website, and at the bottom it says Giggy is on personal leave and the Avs have called up Pickard.

Is this just poor reporting and someone forgot to change it? Or did he leave again?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
We've lost a few in my family to Alzheimer's. it's a terrible way to go. She's pretty young to have it, much less be in the end stages. I couldn't imagine having giggys travel/work schedule while your mom is dying.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
So I was reading the Preview for the Avs-Blues game on the Avs website, and at the bottom it says Giggy is on personal leave and the Avs have called up Pickard.

Is this just poor reporting and someone forgot to change it? Or did he leave again?

It said in one of the articles a few days ago that he probably would be given leave again soon, so if it's a matter of days or hours before she passes it's likely he's gotten permission to leave again.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

he's your answer :

She has also been suffering from Alzheimer's for some time as well. :(

My father suffered with the same illness, and his passing was actually a blessing.
Here is an article where Jiggy says much the same thing.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/201...awaiting-word-of-terminally-ill-mother/12587/

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It said in one of the articles a few days ago that he probably would be given leave again soon, so if it's a matter of days or hours before she passes it's likely he's gotten permission to leave again.

Yea, I remember the plan being that he would come back for the Nashville game, but could leave again after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad