JR A in the States

BaseHockey

Jan 8, 2013
If you were playing games in the BCHL ( not many ) as a 98 , but wanted to play in the USA program. Many USHL teams and NAHL teams have not seen or heard of you. Do you have to pay your dues first in the EHL or WSHL first. I could spend a $$$ going to showcases, tryouts if they really have no interest. Thoughts.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
If you were playing games in the BCHL ( not many ) as a 98 , but wanted to play in the USA program. Many USHL teams and NAHL teams have not seen or heard of you. Do you have to pay your dues first in the EHL or WSHL first. I could spend a $$$ going to showcases, tryouts if they really have no interest. Thoughts.

The USHL has scouts all over. Show your interest and hopefully you get drafted. If you don't, some hold open tryout camps throughout the summer. Do your research as some teams have a history of Free Agents making the team and others don't.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
If you have a handful of games in the BCHL as a 98, there will be no worries for a USHL team to invite you to a main camp. Reach out to a team you want to play for and give them your name and the team you played for. Avoid paying for tryout camps. 99% of those that pay to go to one of those things are just donating money to the budget.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
If you have a handful of games in the BCHL as a 98, there will be no worries for a USHL team to invite you to a main camp. Reach out to a team you want to play for and give them your name and the team you played for. Avoid paying for tryout camps. 99% of those that pay to go to one of those things are just donating money to the budget.

I will agree with this statement to an extent. A lot of USHL camps are a money grab there is no doubt. I have gone to Cedar Rapids tryout camps for the past several years and talked to a great number of parents there. Since Cedar Rapids holds their camp before the NAHL draft, some attend this camp to get noticed by SEVERAL NAHL scouts in attendance. 10 players who were at Cedar Rapids camp were selected in the NAHL draft.....3 in the 1st round.

RJB

Nov 2, 2013
I will agree with this statement to an extent. A lot of USHL camps are a money grab there is no doubt. I have gone to Cedar Rapids tryout camps for the past several years and talked to a great number of parents there. Since Cedar Rapids holds their camp before the NAHL draft, some attend this camp to get noticed by SEVERAL NAHL scouts in attendance. 10 players who were at Cedar Rapids camp were selected in the NAHL draft.....3 in the 1st round.

If a player gets drafted by a NAHL team what costs are usually associated with training camp? Does the team pay hotel, travel. etc? Do USHL and/or NAHL camps affect US College eligibility? Apologies if this has been covered in other threads. Thanks.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
If a player gets drafted by a NAHL team what costs are usually associated with training camp? Does the team pay hotel, travel. etc? Do USHL and/or NAHL camps affect US College eligibility? Apologies if this has been covered in other threads. Thanks.

Camps do not affect College eligibility. I believe the player plays a flat cost for the camp. I believe hotel is included in this fee. Travel is not paid for by the team and is the responsibility of the parents.

RJB

Nov 2, 2013
Camps do not affect College eligibility. I believe the player plays a flat cost for the camp. I believe hotel is included in this fee. Travel is not paid for by the team and is the responsibility of the parents.

Thanks a lot. Are most camps in July? When are the final rosters submitted?

JungleJON

May 10, 2011
Thanks a lot. Are most camps in July? When are the final rosters submitted?

If you go to www.nahl.com - they have a list of team tryouts on the main screen. Just click on it and it will take you to a list of every team, tryout dates, locations, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad