Jovofan's First Full Mock Draft

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
bullsville said:
I dont see Toews yet,what type of player he could be? :help:

The Hockey News said:
Jonathan Toews is an alumnus of Shattuck-St. Mary's the Minnesota prep school which gained notoriety when Sidney Crosby played midget there.

The Winnipeg native is the type of player who makes scouts drool. He is fiercely competitive and excels in big games. Toews had five points in two games in the regional final on the road to the NCAA Frozen Four championship. "There is nothing I don't like about him," said one scout.

Toews was the top pick in the 2003 WHL Bantam Draft, but decided on the college route rather than play for the Tri-City Americans. He was the first No. 1 pick to turn his back on the WHL and says he chose North Dakota because of the lifestyle and because there were more practices than games.

He captained Canada's 2005 under-18 Junior World Cup squad in Slovakia and then had a stellar season with North Dakota. "He may not have the flare of Kessel, but he is a solid two-way player," said one scout.

NHL translation - Two-way forward.

This is the write-up for Toews in the 2006 THN Draft Preview edition.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
insider said:
Nokelainen, O'Marra and Colliton are workers arn't they? He said skill... more natural skill.

That's what I'm thinking.

The Islanders don't really have any guys with top line potential outside of Nilsson and to a lesser extent, Tambellini.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
^ Yes that's what I was going for with the Brassard pick. I didn't mean to make it sound like the Isles had nothing up front because they do and I'm actually a really big Nokelainen fan and think he's going to be a good player, but the Islanders do need some big-time skill to compliment those other players. Sorry for any confusion.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Well guys, if you want to hear me break down my mock tomorrow on Mock Draft Monday, feel free. I've been putting in a lot of time and preparation throughout the day preparing to answer any question that's posed to me so hopefully I'll be able to hold my own in the hot seat and further cement why I went with the guys I did at the spots I had them going to. Should be fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad