GDT: Jour de Match: Flames (4-8-2) vs Canadiens (7-6-2) 14-Novembre @ 5:00 MT

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Not a perfect game. But entertainment was plentiful. Plus the win.

Yeah, I'll go kill some elves in Skyrim in a gleeful mood. Way more gleefully than if we lost. Hahaha.

Reactions: Felidae

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
putting-on-my-sunglasses-ken.gif

Zary putting the team on his back offensively. Marky solid, boosting his trade value.
I do be liking it.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Liked the lines in this one, maybe keep them for a couple games instead of throwing them in the blender again. Didn't think either team played particularly well but I'll take a rare win in Montreal.

Great - Markstrom, this guy is a good goalie who has gotten too much shit from this fanbase IMO. Looks healthy and focused this year. Happy to keep him around to help bring Wolf along. Would also be happy if they managed to get something good for him at the TDL. Really solid game from him, looked big in the net and not much was getting by him. Playing the puck more confidently as well compared to last year.

Good - Zary-Kadri-Pospisil, like this mix a lot. Nice individual effort on Kadri's goal and a smart hockey play for Zary on his. Posipisil is fast man. DeSimone quietly good again, don't notice him much which is what you want for a 6D. Mangiapane and Hanifin were both decent, one of Bread's better games this season. Seemed like Ruz was actually playing C? Maybe I was imagining things but he was taking faceoffs and in the middle of the ice a lot.

Pretty not bad - Raz, nice pass on the Zary goal. Took a cpl useless shots. Bad luck on the GA. 4th line was decent, maybe Sharongovich is a center? Line had some chances, Dube and Greer were moving well. Weegar really is a transition wizard, can see why he's an analytic darling.

Sure fine - Backlund line took the harder matchups and struggled with them a little. Hubes and Lindy score a goal please. Pretty please. Didn't like Zadorov or Tanev much.

Overall thought it was a sloppy game. I don't mind hanging on to pucks and trying to make plays but not when you turn it over at the bluelines. Some poor execution on the PP and at 5v5.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Glad we won during the first game this yr I truly only saw a few mins of. Maybe that's a sign haha. I'll hide and be back for the finals folks.

Reactions: Tofveve

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The more you watch the team the question stops being how to get the vets going and starts becoming how many more Wranglers should be on this team. Zary is now a ppg and exactly 1 point shy of Huberdeau. Full credit to Kadri since Zary has been added the dude has found another gear sucks it takes a rookie to fire up one of the highest paid players in franchise history but unlike Huberdeau he has found a way to help this team.
Markstrom was great yet again really proving to be the kind of guy we want to have showing Wolf the ropes.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Kadri outplayed Monohan; trade validated, who needs a pick in the 2-10 spots in 2025, Treliving ya genius you.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Kadri outplayed Monohan; trade validated, who needs a pick in the 2-10 spots in 2025, Treliving ya genius you.
Might want to bone up on the conditions of the trade. As long as the Panthers pick isn't top 10, ours is lotto protected.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I just hope these last couple games don't delude Conroy into thinking this group is worth keeping around. Some guys still need to go regardless.
Come on man…we are buyer now

We are a John Klinberg away from winning it all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad