Recalled/Assigned: Joshua Roy assigned to Laval

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I thought he would get sent down later. Anyways, it still seems very odd to have 3 centers. Why risk overplaying Monahan and injuring him? when we want to trade him? I know Newhook will probably play center when he's back but he's better on the wing. Wonder if there's something more to this.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Gélinas thinks it’ll be Stephens but nothing official yet.

Maybe I'm missing something but what would be the point of waiving Stephens only to call him back up a couple days later? I know he doesn't need to clear waivers for a certain time/amount of games played since he just cleared, but unless we make a trade it just seemed odd from the get go.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Maybe I'm missing something but what would be the point of waiving Stephens only to call him back up a couple days later? I know he doesn't need to clear waivers for a certain time/amount of games played since he just cleared, but unless we make a trade it just seemed odd from the get go.
Habs management has no idea how to manage a roster is your answer.

They didn't want to send Roy down, but don't want to waive Pezz/Ylonen either, so he waived Stephens instead.

Reactions: Habs and habsfan891

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Could also be that Lias the Medal Tosser gets the call or the Habs put in a claim for this 6’4 C on waivers (but they’re likely to see some other team claim him first):

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Should just waive Ylonen at this point as well. He's useless playing 8-10 minutes on the 4th line and he would at least help Laval if he clears.

If somehow a team claimed him, it isn't much of a loss since they clearly don't see much with him.

Reactions: Pomee

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Could also be that Lias the Medal Tosser gets the call or the Habs put in a claim for this 6’4 C on waivers (but they’re likely to see some other team claim him first):

is Adam, Vladmir's son? too lazy to google

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad