Joshua Ho-Sang, Center/Right-wing, 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
That quote and the one where he said something along the lines of "my teammates/hotel front desk didn't wake me up that morning" show he's still got a lot to learn. The most arsebackwards way I've ever heard someone say they were embarrassed...glad he didn't waste any time this camp on jts wing. Let him prime up for the season with NHL caliber linemates, on and off the ice.

The way you worded that quote is a bit disingenuous and implies that he was placing the blame on them. He said something more along the lines of "I was relying on teammates/front desk to wake up" then took responsibility for doing that.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'm not going to read too much into it either, but I really didn't like the wording as well. Starting the acknowledgement by pointing out others make mistakes screams chip on the shoulder.

'So and so was late to the gym also, but yeah it was my fault since it was the first day of camp so I acknowledge that' kinda jive. Just rubs me the wrong way. Anyway, the kid will have a chance to show he's learned next year.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I mean he's not wrong

:dunno:

Technically, no. But when you do something as dumb as not setting an alarm and relying on others to wake you up, "I should probably start doing that" comes across as non-serious or ironic when crystal clear would have been more in order.

It sounded like a comment from some kid who slept through a college class rather than a young man who's trying to overcome a tarnished reputation and convince a prospective employer that they should invest millions of dollars in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad