Signing(s): Josh Rosen signs with the 49ers

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Too late for that. CFL season started, hes not going to come in and get any action up here, starters backups are already entrenched. Hell Paxton Lynch had a whole TC and hes currently a 3rd stringer barely hanging onto a roster spot. At best hed get a PR spot up here with maybe a chance to compete for a backup spot next year. No QB comes up to CFL and starts immediately. Only ones in past 25 years to start immediately in CFL were both straight out of college (no NFL) and both were week 1 due to injuries to the starter in TC days before the opener (Chris Streveler 2018, Nathan Rourke 2021).
At least if he signs and stays he’ll have the same coach for more than one year, presumably.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I talked about this before but this guy needs to go to Canada or something if he wants a pro career. He needs to get himself on a field in a game.
I don’t think Rosen considers that. As the 10th pick in the draft he signed a guaranteed $15 or something mill. Doubt he goes to the cfl. He likely sticks by the phone this year waiting for a call from an nfl team but he is now too experienced for the PS.

likely see him retiring from football soon.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Rosen has been known to not put in the work needed to be an elite talent. He simply doesn’t have the drive Rodgers, Brees, Brady etc did/do to justify his draft spot.

Million dollar arm, 10 cent demeanor.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rosen has been known to not put in the work needed to be an elite talent. He simply doesn’t have the drive Rodgers, Brees, Brady etc did/do to justify his draft spot.

Million dollar arm, 10 cent demeanor.
If Rosen was ever going to make it in the nfl I figured that he would have gotten his act together in TB to push from PS guy to surpass Gabbertt for the backup role to Brady.
Felt he should have stayed with TB rather than go to SF.

he was released late by Miami so last season was a write off for him. That’s why I get he should have stayed with TB and tried to win the backup job to Brady.
Might be a moot point since TB drafted Trask this past draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad