Signing(s): Josh Rosen signs with the 49ers

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Turns out Rosen wasn’t their first choice for a Josh much less QB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And it makes sense. Most teams will go with the guy who knows their system over a dude off the street with zero prep time.
Two games left. SF just needed a body for the backup role. Barring injury I don’t see him getting into a game. And for him, I wouldn’t want to get into a game. Not much to be gained with no reps with SF. Likely the tape wouldn’t look very good. Not like he’s overcoming an injury or something.

as a practice squad player, does he have the option to sign with SF or not? Because I would have thought TB was a good place for him. He was claimed late by TB after Miami released him so never had a training camp with them thus non no position to beat out Gabbert for the backup role.
Figured he would have his shot to compete next season in TB. but on the flip side could see Arians not be there much longer this another system to learn once Brady is done too.
SF, Shanny will be there for a while. Maybe he thought his chances of sticking it with them next season are better.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Two games left. SF just needed a body for the backup role. Barring injury I don’t see him getting into a game. And for him, I wouldn’t want to get into a game. Not much to be gained with no reps with SF. Likely the tape wouldn’t look very good. Not like he’s overcoming an injury or something.

as a practice squad player, does he have the option to sign with SF or not? Because I would have thought TB was a good place for him. He was claimed late by TB after Miami released him so never had a training camp with them thus non no position to beat out Gabbert for the backup role.
Figured he would have his shot to compete next season in TB. but on the flip side could see Arians not be there much longer this another system to learn once Brady is done too.
SF, Shanny will be there for a while. Maybe he thought his chances of sticking it with them next season are better.

Shanny's system does the work for him. Hand it off if its a run or throw it to the wide open guy in the slot if its a pass

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Shanny's system does the work for him. Hand it off if its a run or throw it to the wide open guy in the slot if its a pass
I mean, it's a great system to bring in a young QB who has been shell shocked from his first run through the league. You simplify the QB's role and use your smart scheme to get him easy throws. If he can master that, then maybe he can be salvageable. If he can start to take on more decision making beyond that, he could be pretty good.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean, it's a great system to bring in a young QB who has been shell shocked from his first run through the league. You simplify the QB's role and use your smart scheme to get him easy throws. If he can master that, then maybe he can be salvageable. If he can start to take on more decision making beyond that, he could be pretty good.
Shanny has shown that he has little patience for bad decisions. Josh has to be smart with the ball under Shanny or he'll end up like Jimmy G and get the ball taken out of his hands.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I talked about this before but this guy needs to go to Canada or something if he wants a pro career. He needs to get himself on a field in a game.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I talked about this before but this guy needs to go to Canada or something if he wants a pro career. He needs to get himself on a field in a game.

Too late for that. CFL season started, hes not going to come in and get any action up here, starters backups are already entrenched. Hell Paxton Lynch had a whole TC and hes currently a 3rd stringer barely hanging onto a roster spot. At best hed get a PR spot up here with maybe a chance to compete for a backup spot next year. No QB comes up to CFL and starts immediately. Only ones in past 25 years to start immediately in CFL were both straight out of college (no NFL) and both were week 1 due to injuries to the starter in TC days before the opener (Chris Streveler 2018, Nathan Rourke 2021). EDIT: Missed one Cleo Lemon in 2010. But he signed in off-season and went through TC. He was also out football just 18 months later.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad