Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Yeah feel awful for the player, feel awful for the team.
More than anything just wish the team was a bit more transparent, I get why they aren't but certainly feels like were being strung along.
Bought his jersey last year hoping it would be good for the next seven seasons, now it might just be a collectors item, hard to not get Klefbom vibes from this, just sad

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
You mean Staios and Andlauer. I thought Dorion was just handcuffed now and all decisions go to Staios?
Neither of them were here when Dorion made the dumb moves that led to this predicament. Those Matt Murray and MDZ signings (and eventual buyout) are some of the biggest unforced errors I've seen a GM make.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Neither of them were here when Dorion made the dumb moves that led to this predicament. Those Matt Murray and MDZ signings (and eventual buyout) are some of the biggest unforced errors I've seen a GM make.
*signing Tarasenko was the unforced error

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Yeah the pickle were in was created by PD but how that Staios is at the top how they get out of this pickle is on him also not just PD.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Andlauer became the owner on September 21st.
Yes, I think posters talking about the unforced errors are talking about many events that happened before this summer. You can add later events that occurred early/mid summer too if you want as well. At any rate, there's a list of them.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Yeah the Matt Murray signing was a mistake, I like PD but man he need to take some courses on how to manage the cap. I like the Tarasenko signing and the Tkachuk, Stutzle, Sanderson extensions those are all good. But right now we're in cap hell, next year it will be a different story.

Just LTIR him and sign Pinto. Jesus Christ the lack of transparency with this god damn organization is making me think that Melnyk is still running the sens from beyond the grave.
Yes Yes and Yes

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Here I was worried that our 2 and/or 3 C’s would get injured in the course of playing preseason games. This is some serious 3D chess.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Just LTIR him and sign Pinto. Jesus Christ the lack of transparency with this god damn organization is making me think that Melnyk is still running the sens from beyond the grave.

Why should we LTIR him when he's going to be ready to start the season?

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
The contract was fine.

You always sign these young players to those contracts, so long as you get them without it being front-loaded and without signing bonuses. The buyout formula is extremely generous before the age of 26. These contracts end up working out more often than they don't.

A bridge deal would have been in the 5M-6M x 2-3 year range. With the benefit of hindsight, that would be preferable. At the time, 8x8 looked a lot smarter when you consider cap inflation. Soon, 8M will be 2nd line money.

If Norris is not hurt next year, but the Senators are concerned about his effectiveness, a buyout pretty much erases his cap hit completely for the next four seasons. The average cap hit over the first four years of his buyout would be 84k. After that, it's pretty much 1.5M a season. Keep in mind the actual money on the buyout doesn't kick in until 5 seasons from now so we're probably looking at 100-120 million as the cap ceiling if the world doesn't end.

I'm no doctor, but I'd guess if he goes back for another shoulder surgery his career is done, but who knows. That could mean he will be shut down for another year and he will have missed almost 2.5 seasons of hockey.
Hard disagree here. At the time there was a ton of posters here advocating for a bridge deal as his goal scoring wasn't necessarily sustainable. I was not at all a fan of the contract at the time and I'm sure there's older comments on this account voicing that opinion.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Why should we LTIR him when he's going to be ready to start the season?
Swift what makes you believe that Norris will be ready for next week? Hasn't played one preseason game? I hope you're right but I have some serious doubts

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Yeah the Matt Murray signing was a mistake, I like PD but man he need to take some courses on how to manage the cap. I like the Tarasenko signing and the Tkachuk, Stutzle, Sanderson extensions those are all good. But right now we're in cap hell, next year it will be a different story.

Yes Yes and Yes

I like my doctor, but man he needs to go to medical school. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Hard disagree here. At the time there was a ton of posters here advocating for a bridge deal as his goal scoring wasn't necessarily sustainable. I was not at all a fan of the contract at the time and I'm sure there's older comments on this account voicing that opinion.
Yes of course fans have different opinions half think its good the other half thinks its bad, that's every fan base

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad