Value of: Josh Manson/Hampus Lindholm

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
If Anaheim is looking to move one possibly both of these players who are both UFA's at the end of their deals and both are still top pairing guys, what would their value be?

(I'm thinking a 1st rounder and likely a top tier prospect or good young player but I am curious to see what the consensus is)

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ducks need to lock Lindholm up long term. They've never drafted and developed a better Dman, which speaks to the odds of being able to replicate him any time soon. They have a great group of forward prospects, trading their top defenseman for magic beans is more likely to slow down the retool than ever help.

Manson is beloved by the Ducks, and he's their only right handed defenseman in the entire org signed beyond next season. I'm sure they'll listen to offers but it will take something really intriguing to pry him away.

Anaheim has a great prospect pool and some very good prime age pieces. They don't need to sell everything off for lottery tickets and completely start from scratch in order to get back to competing in the Pacific.

Reactions: Paul4587

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Idk i think carolina has good assets to get manson if they wanted....

Lindholm likely cost more than a team would want to pay then add to that.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
They've never drafted and developed a better Dman, which speaks to the odds of being able to replicate him any time soon.

Just re-emphasizing this point as the Ducks have one of the better scouting depts in the league who have come up with some absolute gems over the years (more than just a 'you'd be really stupid to pass on this guy if he's available' kind of pick).

It's like J.P. Morgan talking about how much his yacht cost - "If you have to ask, you can't afford it..."

Oh, & just who is saying that Anaheim wants to move one or both of them, certainly not Anaheim?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Just re-emphasizing this point as the Ducks have one of the better scouting depts in the league who have come up with some absolute gems over the years (more than just a 'you'd be really stupid to pass on this guy if he's available' kind of pick).

It's like J.P. Morgan talking about how much his yacht cost - "If you have to ask, you can't afford it..."

Oh, & just who is saying that Anaheim wants to move one or both of them, certainly not Anaheim?
just other team's fans. it's already been reported that they aren't moving Lindholm or Manson.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
From Montreal we could work a deal around Domi + a B level prospect or second round pick or straight up our first round pick if it’s between 6-10 for Lindholm.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
just other team's fans. it's already been reported that they aren't moving Lindholm or Manson.

That's what I figured.

And in the interests of fairness, I did glance right past the first word of the OP's post "If" which certainly changed the tone of the sentence.

d0rkwing

Jan 2, 2020
gross no.

necas is the minimum return for either one of manson or rakell. priskie is a nice piece, but not enough of an add.
Hence the “around” part. Lmao this board is something else with how personally y’all take some of these proposals. What if the highest 1st was added from Carolina?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
From Montreal we could work a deal around Domi + a B level prospect or second round pick or straight up our first round pick if it’s between 6-10 for Lindholm.
don't see a need for Domi; we would have Getz, Henrique, Steel, Grant, Rowney and then Domi as our centers which is just too much plus he's a RFA needing a new contract which I don't think we are in a good position to give him.

Hence the “around” part. Lmao this board is something else with how personally y’all take some of these proposals. What if the highest 1st was added from Carolina?

Funny how took me saying no as a personal affront to you. And no, the 1st doesn't change anything. ducks aren't moving manson unless it's over-payment (this has already been reported) and Rakell is worth that original offer and the 1st on his own, but we also just don't need another center coming back.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I almost want us to trade Manson at this point just so this topic can stop being discussed. Manson gets moved for a severe overpayment only, and I don't see any scenario in which Lindholm gets moved either.

Anaheim is trading everyone. Rakell! Lindholm! And Manson.

The fact I’ve had to endure since my sign up date on here by Ducks fans, and okay with mediocrity is ridiculous. Keeping this player, while trading this player, and going for this player because of this player. Is utter nonsense. It’s been years since they want to categorize it as, “re tool” by the fans on these boards. When do you understand as it’s a REBUILD???

Well guess what? If they were real Duck fans? They would have categorized this a couple years ago correctly.

Everyone is going for picks, and prospects like we should have done in the beginning.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Anaheim is trading everyone. Rakell! Lindholm! And Manson.

The fact I’ve had to endure since my sign up date on here by Ducks fans, and okay with mediocrity is ridiculous. Keeping this player, while trading this player, and going for this player because of this player. Is utter nonsense. It’s been years since they want to categorize it as, “re tool” by the fans on these boards. When do you understand as it’s a REBUILD???

Well guess what? If they were real Duck fans? They would have categorized this a couple years ago correctly.

Everyone is going for picks, and prospects like we should have done in the beginning.
Source?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad