Value of: Josh Leivo

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Ennis and Jooris ride the bench as the extras while Leivo and Freddie get an early chance. If they don't cut it, then the vets will play.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Ennis and Jooris ride the bench as the extras while Leivo and Freddie get an early chance. If they don't cut it, then the vets will play.
All indications show Par Lindholm will get the first crack at being the 4th line center.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Freddy has already proven he can't cut it, if he could they never would have brought in Plekanec

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Rather keep him. Injuries happen and without Leo and Martin here and with Dubas leading the charge he will have a better chance here.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Freddy has already proven he can't cut it, if he could they never would have brought in Plekanec

I don't get the sense they've totally given up on him, they had him working with Underhill a lot and still seem hopeful he has some room to grow as far as footspeed goes but this year might be his last shot

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

Lindholm seems to be penciled in as the 4C, and I think Freddy starts with the Marlies. I have no idea why they wouldn't sign Derek Grant as a backup option to Lindholm though considering he got wildly underpaid in Pittsburgh after a solid season, and they don't have any 13th forward options currently down the middle

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
All indications show Par Lindholm will get the first crack at being the 4th line center.
What "indications" do you have on this?

I'm just giving my own opinion on what will happen. Are you doing the same, or do you have a source of information on this?

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
All that shows is he wasn't ready at that time.

If the Leafs were satisfied that he can't cut it, they would let him go. That might well happen, but it hasn't happened yet.

Reactions: namttebih

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
What "indications" do you have on this?

I'm just giving my own opinion on what will happen. Are you doing the same, or do you have a source of information on this?
From everything, Babcock has stated. He specifically mentioned him on the July 1st interview. After being asked about how he'll use Matthews, JT, and Kadri, he specifically mentions Lindholm (and no one else), as a good player. Here is the sound bit time stamped.

Also, in an Athletic piece about Lindholm, this is stated.

Why 'farmer boy' Par Lindholm chose to pursue his NHL dreams...

As with Igor Ozhiganov, a Russian defenceman who signed on the same spring day as Lindholm in two of the first official moves of Kyle Dubas’ tenure as Leafs general manager, coach Mike Babcock was influential in selling Lindholm on Toronto. Babcock told Lindholm that he’d watched quite a few of his games and was impressed with what he’d seen.

“He told me that hopefully I make the team, and he thinks he can use me in a lot of situations,” Lindholm said.

“That’s a big part, too,” Lindholm, who finished fourth in SHL scoring last season, added of the decision process which ultimately led him to choose Toronto, “to have the coach tell you those kind of things — not only the GM. Because at the end of the road, it’s the coach who’s going to put you on the team and play you. It’s good to know that he had watched me and knows what it is I give.”

This doesn't mean Lindholm will be given the job, but all indications from these types of things show that he enters camp as the front-runner and likely 4th line center.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Wouldn't move Leivo for anything less than a 3rd round pick and even then I would hum and haw.

He is a good option to have for depth for a contending team like us. I could see him being a Clarke MacArthur type player, underrated secondary scoring option

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Barring an extension again, if he plays less than 23 games this upcoming season he becomes a group VI UFA. So yeah.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hate to say it but Ottawa was mentioned and is probably one of the better destinations for him at this point to get some playing time.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
no thanks Leivo and a condition 2nd that becomes a 1st in 2021 if Slava played 60 games in the next 2 seasons for Slava Voynov rights
Nah. Fair offer, but I want someone bigger for our blueline. Pretty sure Slava is the same size as Z, who is very comparable size wise to Rielly and Gardiner.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Nah. Fair offer, but I want someone bigger for our blueline. Pretty sure Slava is the same size as Z, who is very comparable size wise to Rielly and Gardiner.
Slava is 10 times the defense man. He would be the Leafs top defense man The only reason he was 2nd pairing in la is a defense man named Drew Doughty. I have read at least 10 hockey journalists calling him the best defense man that was in the Olympics and not in the nhl. He is a outstanding two way defense man but I can understand you not recognizing it as he played most of his nhl career out west when most games start late. The Leafs need a rhd defense man that can actually play in the defensive zone. Slava is a 200 foot player which the leafs need to make that next step but that is just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad