Waived: Josh Jooris (Claimed by Arizona Coyotes)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Wouldn't have, but I see why they did.

Injuries out of the gate screwed him.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I like JoJoo a lot and hopefully he clears to provide some help in Hartford.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
He's another guy that needed to get going but injuries, Hartford is depleted and Hrivik and Lindberg appear to be better now. I hope he clears because Hartford can use him and he can get some minutes there.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Yeah has a tailor made NHL role for him but he didn't show up with the hustle every game.

This guy needs to do that every shift in order to be an NHL player. Just didn't see it enough.

Will give him the benefit of the doubt with injuries, but that was my takeaway. Fast is the much better 4th line RW.

Didn't win the center job either.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Gotta wonder if he'll split for Europe. I believe there were rumors to that extent about the same time Gerbe was rumored to be going there.

Not sure if that's changed or not now.

Lindberg-Hrivik-Fast was a good line. AV/staff probably liked that more than what Jooris was showing.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Gotta wonder if he'll split for Europe. I believe there were rumors to that extent about the same time Gerbe was rumored to be going there.

Not sure if that's changed or not now.

Lindberg-Hrivik-Fast was a good line. AV/staff probably liked that more than what Jooris was showing.

Yeah they were really reliable defensively, fill roles, and generated chances. The key for the staff is having a forward unit that can go up against another team's top 6 so it gives one of the top 9 lines a favorable match-up every 3-4 shifts.

Jooris didn't bring that level of reliability. Fast is the better winger. Jooris wasn't winning draws or offered something on the PK the Rangers don't have.

Wish him well. Guy could be an NHLer if he shows up every second of every shift. He hasn't shown to be that kind of player and the Rangers need urgency from that role.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
At this point, Hrivik and Nieves are really serviceable so I don't mind this. AV singing the praise of Oscar and him coming back in and playing well last night sealed the deal. Lindberg is worth more than Jooris anyway.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I know some people liked him when we brought him in, but I never saw anything about him worth keeping on an NHL roster. Injuries, I know, but still.

Hopefully Hrivik sticks.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Yeah has a tailor made NHL role for him but he didn't show up with the hustle every game.

This guy needs to do that every shift in order to be an NHL player. Just didn't see it enough.

Will give him the benefit of the doubt with injuries, but that was my takeaway. Fast is the much better 4th line RW.

Didn't win the center job either.

That sounds exactly like Jooris from last year.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
That sounds exactly like Jooris from last year.

Only reason a team would walk away from him.

RHS, Excellent Speed, Strength. Can play Center or RW on an NHL 4th line. Fits modern game in that role.

Everything but the heart and hustle.

Last edited:

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
The Jooris has come back with a verdict. Waived. I thought he would be more like a waterbug type of player, i just didnt see anything special about him. Maybe the injuries held him back,

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I guess they liked hriviks play obviously and Lindberg looks like he's rounding into better form.
Sucks I thought jooris was a good signing wish him the best

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I know some people liked him when we brought him in, but I never saw anything about him worth keeping on an NHL roster. Injuries, I know, but still.

Hopefully Hrivik sticks.

Same here. Read good things about Joo fom Calgary fans and expected good things, but I really don't remember too many good plays from him. Hrivik stood out much more in a good way.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Hrivik just looked like a better version of him. But with all of these guys that we've both given away for nothing and rehabilitated recently, I feel like it's very difficult to evaluate which fourth line checking player will contribute, and a lot of it comes down to team/fit.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hrivik just looked like a better version of him. But with all of these guys that we've both given away for nothing and rehabilitated recently, I feel like it's very difficult to evaluate which fourth line checking player will contribute, and a lot of it comes down to team/fit.

Honestly, between Jooris, Pirri, Hrivik, Jensen, Fast and Lindberg we have 6 players who are very well suited for the 4th line. Injuries forced us to call up a few kids and now we have to make tough decisions with guys coming back.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
If he clears us he taking off like gerbe?

i suspect he will go Hartford, play with former mate Bodie and try to work his way back to NY. Injuries, trades, the bottom 6 may be fluid all year ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad